on 23 October 2013
I waited eagerly for this book after reading the first 2 last year.

I really enjoyed it and spent my Saturday reading it, couldn't put it down and wanted to know how it ended... And I was really pleased how it did :)

There are some unexpected twists in this story which keeps it interesting and keeps you wanting to read.

Another fabulous read and I hope to see a lot more from Arianne!
on 23 April 2017
Loved this book. Love the push and pull of Pearl and Alexander's relationship. Loved how we didn't know much about Alexandre but little bits kept coming out. Brilliant series.
on 26 February 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this series and am sorry it has come to its conclusion. Without giving any spoilers it is difficult to add to that which has already been commented on - just make sure that you read the books in sequential order, you will be glad that you did.
on 23 February 2013
A few twists and turns to the end could have seen it through another couple of months. But loved the story anyway
on 25 February 2013
I really loved these books, pearl, the main character was so likeable and alexandre, sounds delicious! A good ending but the story was quite slow paced throughout but still a highly recommended read!
on 26 February 2013
Sad that this trilogy has come to an end! There were a few chapters from Alexandre's POV that made it really interesting. All questions are answered and lots of detail about the hero; his past, his demons and all sorts of things that enrich his character. There is a lot of description of Paris which makes for great writing but less of a roller-coaster than book 2 but I still thought it was a great; compelling read. There is a lot of tying up of loose ends which is definitely needed as book 2 left us in the lurch with so many questions. I do think Arianne Richmonde is in a league of her own - her trilogy is somehow different from all the rest of the romance books out there. Quirky, unusual and you need a good sense of humot to appreciate her distinct writing style. She has created two rather dysfunctional characters with heart and soul but their flaws are not laid out all in one go but little by little throughout the books.

Hats off to a very interesting trilogy. This is more literary than your usual romance read. Well written.
on 16 February 2013
The third book in the Pearl trilogy had a lot to live up to. After leaving us with a hell of a cliffhanger at the end of Shadows of Pearl, I was intrigued to read the concluding part to this amazing series. It didn't disappoint. Probably my favourite of the three books, it had everything. I didn't think it was possible to find Alexandre any more appealing than in the first two books, but he was. He was so loving and attentive to Pearl and, although I don't want to give any spoilers about the book, his revenge was brilliant. It had the perfect ending and I'm sorry there won't be any further books about Pearl and Alexandre. Superbly written by an amazing author.
on 18 March 2013
Everything shimmered about this intriguing, beautiful book.

I feel sad that this trilogy has come to an end but hopeful that Arianne Richmonde will continue feeding us with her magical concoction of romance and suspense.

Shimmers of Pearl was a great read. There are a lot of questions answered and so much backstory about Alexandre...I found his character fascinating. He is not quite the perfect hero we met in book 1...well, he is, but he has a dark side which makes us identify with him all the more. We are taken on another rollercoaster ride in book 3 but there is so much more; Alexandre's past, (three chapters in his POV), mad, mad stuff from the villainess (you know who) which makes you both laugh and want to strangle someone at the same time.

In this book you feel a gamut of emotions; joy, happiness, fury, frustration, disbelief, suspicion,anger, annoyance, relief...I could go on! Again, this is a beautifully structured novel with both fast-paced moments and moments of tenderness just where you need them. The plot goes in directions that you would not predict.Once again, Arianne Richmonde is a mistress of suspense and intrigue. At some points I felt that the story was going overboard but people really do behave in strange ways in real life. Shimmers is real, yet dramatic. Not melodramatic but suspenseful. And SO ORIGINAL!

Loved every second of Shimmers of Pearl and the whole Pearl Trilogy. Really look forward to knowing what Ms. Richmonde has in store for us next. I will be watching her facebook page like a hawk!
on 22 February 2013
Ebook: Shimmers of Pearl, The Pearl trilogy #3
Author: Arianne Richmonde
Fiction, Erotica
This review may contain spoilers
Summary: BOOK 3 of The Pearl Trilogy.
Pearl Robinson's life was teetering on the edge of perfection. Everything was about to blossom, not least a marriage made in Heaven with her fiancé, Alexandre Chevalier - the kindest, sexiest, most handsome man she could ever have wished for.
But her own insecurities, fears and murky shadows from her past led her to make certain choices that could change the course of her fate altogether.
Pearl now finds herself alone and bereft, a victim of unexpected Deceit. She has been lied to... tricked. But by whom?
The decision is hers. Should she trust the man she loves? Can she accept his past which threatens their future? And will the dark secrets he finally reveals meld them together as one, or split them apart once and for all?
The Review
Wow, this had me on the edge of my seat or rather bed (that's where I read usually) I have loved the whole trilogy of Pearl & I am sad that this is the end, I love how this author writes, she made me believe I was watching the whole thing like a film in my head which is just how I like to read my books, watching them play out and imagining the characters, what they wore, etc, anyway, In this episode we start right where we left off in Shadows of Pearl, that cliffhanger was killing me, but it all became clear in this one, All the characters were the same, which made it easy to understand what was going on, I can't wait to read more from this author, she is truly a writing genius, she will have you hooked, Highly recommended to all my friends, 5/5
on 8 April 2013
Absoultley the perfect end to a perfect love story! I just wished I hadn't read it so fast! I couldn't put any of these books down! So nice to have a an older woman and a younger man.
Worth it's 5 stars given. : )