Customer reviews

3,404
Syma 2nd Edition S107 S107G New Version Indoor Helicopter (Red)
Colour: Red|Change

on 16 February 2015
Exceptionally good value for money remote control helicopter. Takes very little time to get to grips with the controls, however it is fairly limited in its movements (no banking) and the device can tend to drift to one side (I ended up sticking a block of blue tack on one skid to even mine out).

So simple to fly I even had my father (mid sixties) flying it up and down the hall.

Flight time is limited to around 10 mins, but you'll probably be bored of flying it through door ways by this time, unless you are in a large group.
I only ever managed to fly it approximately 10m away before the controls would become ineffective, but it is more fun doing the flying up close anyway.

The helipcopter would not be able to carry any load.

Charges efficiently and all cables supplied work faultlessly, you can charge the helicopter from the mains, or top up using a cable built into the remote control.
on 23 March 2014
This helicopter was ordered as a Christmas present and a very disappointed little boy found it didn't work, we asked advice from the company and were advised about the charge up procedures, we followed these but still it didn't work. I asked for a replacement but was told we would need to send the old one back, however the company tell us they have not received this and have offered nothing in the way of replacement or compensation, but advised us to go through the post office lost mail procedures. The only experience we have of the product and company is very very poor, we have never received a working helicopter, and the customer service has been abysmal. As a small business owner myself customer service is of utmost importance, and for the cost of the product, less than £20, a refund would have resulted in a much different customer experience. Still after three months, we have no helicopter and no money!!!!! Buyers beware.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2011
Compared to the syma chinook this is so easy to control. I love flying it and I can't get enough of it. I'm careful not to fly it until the battery is completely flat as I've read in heli forums that you might reduce battery life that way. The remote throttle lever has a spring and in order to make it easier to keep in a hover position I decided to open it up and remove the pesky spring. (one screw is under the charge lead flap). Now it is feather sensitive to trim it while hovers and I can focus on doing aerobatic manouveres. I still like my syma chinook for its realism but this takes the prize for pure flying pleasure. It is beautifully constructed and very sturdy despite crashing/hitting obstacles over a dozen times. I don't bother with the remote charging lead as that eats up the AA batteries. Better to use the USB charge lead although I suggest getting an ac plug to USB adapter to avoid having to plug into a pc all the time.
on 16 August 2013
I bought this as a present for my boyfriend. He loves it, its fantastic and well built. If people have had problems with this helicopter it must be a one off thing because the one I bought is brilliant. Before he got the hang of it it was knocked against wooden furniture and fell to the floor from ceiling height (in a bungalow) a few times and is absolutely fine. Nothing is wrong with it, im not saying try these things to see if it will take a beating, if you can avoid doing this then great but if not its fine,I think its built to stand these inevitable accidents until you get the hang of it. He only uses it in the house, I wouldnt suggest even trying to use it outside, its a light machine and wind will probably send it flying. We may consider using it outside if there is NO wind, on a sunny day but even then its only consideration.

Overall Its a great purchase we both love it so much so I am going to buy myself one!
on 10 October 2013
I bought this for my daughter, but spend more time flying it around the house myself! Excellent controls allow you to maneuver it quite accurately along a flight path. The only slight down side is the very limited flight time (5 minutes) before a recharge is required... but that wouldn't stop me from buying again.
on 15 September 2014
Excellent value for money and I bought this for a friends son and it was money very well spent.
Easy to get to grips with and very robust all things considered.
Friend very happy because her father in law (who she does not like !!) was constantly
bombarded by her son, so another bonus !!!!!!!!!!!
on 24 June 2012
I used to fly large model helicopters and planes years ago (80's) I bought this little S107 out of curiosity and I am amazed at this little jewel. I just love to watch it hover in front of me. It's very easy to fly, looks fantastic and is an absolute bargain. I mean, it costs the same as a cheap watch. BUY ONE.
on 3 July 2013
Always nerve-wracking getting stuff from China, and the country's manufacturing sector has failed to install confidence in me in the past by dispatching partial orders ad refusing to honour the rest and producing cheap counterfeit goods. However this is different. It took a long time to arrive, and I feared the worst when I got a response written in Engrish. However, arrive it did, in a toxic polystyrene box that seemed to make the cat dizzy. The toy itself is great and well built if a little heavy on batteries.

I originally bought it to ferry a piece of string over the top of my house. The other end would be attached to a TV cable dangling down the wrong side of the house. A harebrained scheme, but one which seems possible given early test flights. Initially, I found the things hard to control but, now I have developed the skill to make it hover, I feel like Neo in The Matrix and am confident of success.
on 27 May 2015
good value for such a good helicopter and its simple to control. its good for beginners and I highly recommend it. it is very strong and hard to break so even if you do crash it its no problem. however if you have a husband dad uncle or someone they love playing with them to so make sure they don't steal it.
on 26 July 2014
Got this months ago for a bit of fun and has given me countless hours of fun and still hasn't broken, yet all the times i've flown it into the ceiling and the walls. Easy to find cheap replacement parts. Has at least 10 mins non stop flying time when fully charged. Great fun except it makes the dog go crazy.