on 24 July 2014
Really enjoyed this book good reading
on 24 July 2014
This book may well have the best story in the world to tell, but unfortunately I cannot bring myself to continue beyond chapter 4; believe me when I say I have tried to persevere. Having read hundreds of books , I have to place this one at the top of the list for the worst abuse of the English language I have had the misfortune to encounter - no idea how to properly construct a sentence and, inappropriate and absent punctuation, If the author at all - and I suspect he didn't - employed the services of a proof-reader/ copy-editor, then I would advise they didn't do their job.
It is a shame because I thought there was potentially a good story.
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2013
I received this book free to read and review.
There is a story in here trying to get out and it is stopped by the detailed descriptive passages everywhere. Everything is so described that there is little chance of being able to visualise the surroundings and the characters.
For the actual story although very imaginative does not hold together logically I would term it fantasy rather than science fiction although a mixture of the two. I would have liked it more if I had thought that there was a possibility of the events could happen. It may not have helped that it is set on earth and in the present. It is difficult to say more without giving away the plot. At the end I am not sure if there will be more to follow but I don't think I will read them. As I was posting this review I realised it was a trilogy.
on 22 March 2013
What a great story had me gripped from the start and it twists and turns plenty of mystery and absolutely didnt see that coming!
Plus its great as a download as its always in my pocket I can read it at every chance possible.
Hope more comes from this author
on 29 October 2014
For the most part I couldn't put it down. The first half was particularly engaging as I love history of the Ancient world and adventure. It spoiled it for me at the end when the implosion consumed lives of many people. I didn't like it at all. I'd make it disintegrate painlessly into thin air. Also I didn't like the idea of the whole planet being populated by people with impure DNA. I happen to love human race in all it's imperfection. Theses 'll last notes are more for the author. As for readers, I'd compel you to read it this story as it is fascinating!
on 13 April 2013
Took me to places of thought I'd never even considered. A must read for anyone with a sense of adventure.
on 30 March 2013
Fast paced and filled with mystery. I read it in three sittings as it was hard to put down. A little edit here and there and it could be a five star. I hope the rest if the trilogy are following soon!
on 2 May 2013
Held my interest from start to finish - couldn't put it down.. Looking forward to more from this author. A few tweeks here and there and it would have been a five from me
on 22 October 2013
When Abe and Joe had their chat, I read it twice! Extremely thought provoking. Great read, fast paced. I look forward to next in the trilogy.
on 15 July 2014
found it hard to get into