on 11 December 2013
I wanted to really like this. I'd bought the singles (e.g. Best of Friends) and felt sure from those, and reading all the positive press, that I knew what I was going to hear. Sadly I think that this band have been ill served by the music press who have massively hyped them before they are a fully formed entity. A touch of the 'king's new clothes'.

I was expecting some Vaccines-esqe post punk goodness. What I got though was several songs that felt like half finished sketches with someone shouting over them. To be fair these songs often feel like they have 'potential', good playing of the instruments, interesting melodies etc, but they often seem to ramble too (strange as most are actually quite short so should feel more 'pithy').

Worst of all is the 'hidden' 12th track (essentially part of the last real track) this dreadful ditty, which I assume is called 'New Song', is puerile at best and is an ill advised way to close any album - let alone one where you have been willing things to get better ... and they never quite do!

I have a feeling this will, quite soon, be a great band - and they are probably already enthralling live - however this first full album didn't really do it for me.
One person found this helpful
on 4 March 2013
I'm very much into my last few decades on Planet Earth and tend these days to prefer electronica such as Machinefabriek but on first hearing this band I immediately bought h album. Energetic, tuneful and sparky music, really makes that arthritic right knee of mine twitch like crazy! ( not being facetious here... Love the energy) . Going to play this all day long and it's far better than Uncut magazines dismal 6/10 review suggests. Look forward to more. Great to wake up Monday with a new band.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 November 2013
there have been many album releases this year - both debuts and comebacks - but i'd say this one trumps them all. 180 is such a solid debut album for a really promising band. the songs are wonderfully mixed with many layers of simple instrumentation and every song is fun to sing along to. i can see this band being absolutely incredible at festivals because they have such a big sound and possess an immense energy that can't be faked.
on 4 December 2014
This is a descent album but not the best a lot of the songs sound the same and I found them a bit boring after a few listens and I do like my music. Bought this after a lot of recommendations but just not quite there for me. Better bands out there just now
on 19 October 2016
great album
on 27 April 2014
Liked a couple of tracms and played it twice. Would have sat on the shelf but friend heard it and liked it so gave as a gift
on 29 September 2013
saw them live and CD is as good- Promising up and coming band can't wait for second cd from this band
on 13 December 2013
i saw these guys at reading they were pretty good so bought their album.

Shades of echo and the buunymen and certainly the clash

Surely these are the next big thing watch out vaccines here come the lama violets
on 15 February 2017
Avoid buying, every song skips, I swapped for a new vinyl and it was identical, bad batch, so avoid
on 27 October 2014