on 22 August 2016
I already have the rest in the Malmo series lined up to read, so hope they're as good as this and the first one. A good plot with murders linking an advertising agency, the immigrant population of Malmo, art theft, and dodgy dealings by a wealthy anti Semite, and his sneering daughter. All tied together by Anita being her usual dogged self, and having to deal with the likes of the sleazy, slimy Westermark, and bullying Moberg. Thank goodness for Henrik and Hakim. The author certainly knows his way around Malmo, a city I went to once and wouldn't go to again. I like the passing mention of Ystad and Wallander my all time favourite Swedish policeman too. A good story which I really enjoyed.
on 9 April 2017
Second Inspector Sundstrom novel. Anita is in disgrace from a bungled murder case and is not getting any of the good cases. Some famous paintings are missing, a couple of business men are found murdered, and now a sniper is randomly shooting some Muslim immigrants. On top of this, she has to mentor Hakim,a young probationer. Her son has met a girl she cannot warm to, and the odious Westermark is still causing trouble for her. She must throw herself into her lesser important cases in order to prove herself again.
on 19 October 2017
Like the first book, there are a few flaky aspects to the plot. (Surely police IT specialists can recover deleted files, and would the time-frame have allowed the perpetrator to encase Xyklon B in jelly?) Also the author's repeated use of 'may' when 'might' would be correct really irritates me.

However, pedantry aside, this was a rollicking, good story and I look forward to more from Anita Sundstrom.
on 5 May 2013
The story continues from the first novel with the lead detectives Sundstrom in disgrace trying to rcover her position. There are several apparently separate murder for the police to follow up and good interactions between the good and bad members of the murder squad.The eventual solutions are resolved after many twists and turns in the plot line. Excellent book looking forward to the next one, hurry up Torquil.
on 21 August 2016
The plot is complex, but just holds together. Strong characters, local colour, and a disturbing image of contemporary Sweden.
More work ahead for Anita!
on 7 May 2017
Good read, keeps you guessing all through the book.
You get to feel you are part of the story line.
on 25 June 2017
I am not a literary pundit so I can only say that I enjoyed this book, as also the previous one.
on 10 May 2017
For me maybe not quite as gripping as the 1st but good enough to make me want to read the next in the series!
on 4 April 2016
carried on from the first book very well interesting crimes to solve not quite finished but very good
on 30 March 2013
This is the second Anita Sundstrom I have read. Already I can see a pattern emerging that has stopped me buying any more in the series. However, for a good cheap Kindle read they were both entertaining page turners. Set in a country and city I know nothing about makes it more interesting.