on 19 March 2013
Now I bought all 4 parts to this box set at a convention in 2012 and played £44 total. Despite being a booth discount, I still found it pretty pricey but the collection appears to be very good value. I read the ongoing weekly manga by Hiro Mishima and the anime adapts very well from the source material. The big difference between the manga and the anime is the removal of blood but this omission isn't to the anime's detriment.

This honestly is one of my favorite animes off all time; I love the magical world it's set in and it's hilarious yet charming cast of characters.

The box set covers the first 48 episodes of the ongoing anime (...which makes me curious why Wendy and Carla are on the box art, since their first anime appearance is episode #49)

I do wish that they would distribute the blu-ray versions but the dvd quality is just fine.
3 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 10 April 2013
I first started watching Fairy Tail from spotting a link on the side of youtube and it kept me up all night watching, its easily one of my favorite animes and is up there with the top 3 (Naruto, One Piece and Bleach). I will definitely be buying this when it is released.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 20 March 2013
Although the title says this is the complete series, if you zoom in on the box you'll see that it actually spans only episodes 1-48, while there are 174 episodes so far and the series is on-going. I'm sure the set is quality, and the series is great, just don't be fooled into thinking this is all Fairy Tail has to offer!
13 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 7 March 2013
i ant believe theyre doing this, i didnt see this coming at all, i was gonna buy the collection packs of 20 but this??? this is too great i CAN NOT wait till this coms out
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 25 July 2014
I love fairytail and in all honesty it's my favourite anime and the manga is epic too. My only issue has nothing to do with the series or really the product. As if it finally became "available" I'd buy it in a heart beat...
But that's the problem!! I've seen the complete series box set "unavailable" for months and it was annoying when I first found the DVD set LAST YEAR, but this is ridiculous!! If it becomes available I'll buy it and most likely give it a 5 star review on how much I love fairy-tail and that I can now sit in the living room and watch it with my cuddly Natsu plush singing "snow fairy" (first intro song), but until then I question if this product will ever become available as I've not yet found the complete series 1 anywhere else.
P.s.
I don't mind since Wendy is adorable, but she was never in fairy tail till the second series... Yay for fairy tail !!!!
|0Comment|Report abuse