Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas with Elvis Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Un-Go: Complete Box Set Blu-ray / DVD Combo Pack
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 6 November 2017
An odd story that goes in unexpected directions but it kept me interested right to the end.
on 30 September 2017
I look at the review I thought I'd give it a go and it was a brilliant anime to watch and I glad I bought it
on 24 August 2017
Expectations was low but discovered this was an excellent story. Detective story meets evil supernatural entity in the service of goodness.
on 5 August 2013
I pre-ordered this boxset for my husband who came across the series by being a big fan of Bones studio. This is definitely one of those anime's that deserves blu-ray for its crisp fluidity and unique style! There wasn't an episode when we skipped the opening or ending segments as they were just so hypnotizing! The ending especially, while boasting an impressive array of finely animated shots, features the mysterious sound of LAMA's "Fantasy" that really seemed to sum up the sentiment of every cliff hanger, every detail revealed, and every thought-provoking solution...

I'm usually a big believer in the original Japanese audio, but I will admit that dubs make for much easier viewing assuming you don't speak the language. Thankfully, English dubbing has come a long way since the days of old and this particular cast is a positively shining example of just how much. The actors and actresses were not only convincing in their natural ability but also have wonderfully unique tones, the likes of which I'd be glad to hear more of. The casting was perfect; namely Shinjuro, Rie, and Izumi.

This boxset also includes Episode 0: INGA chapter, a prequel, which was probably my favourite for all its unveiling and complex style of storytelling. To say any more would be spoiling its impact! (I watched it after the series concluded and found connecting all the dots to be a real thrill!) While all of the secrets have been told, I still think the entire series is worth a rewatch or two in order pick up on all the hints the defeated detective is so adept at gathering, but the less-deductive such as myself happened to miss!

-A sure favourite!
on 17 May 2015
I'm surprised this anime doesn't have a review yet. It is one of the absolute best ones I've seen.

Set in the future, it mixes sci-fi with fantasy. A man known as the Defeated Detective solves crimes, with a strange woman whose actually a demon. She has the power to force any person to answer one question truthfully- however, the detective must figure out which person and what question to ask them.

The story is great, in that there is an over arching conspiracy. Our hero always solves the crime, but a shadowy government agency suppress his findings (hence he's called the Defeated Detective, as it looks like he always loses his cases).

It looks like there should have been a sequel. I'm very disappointed there wasn't.

Other than that, great series. I've seen it twice. It's got a great story, characters, and a cool theme.

Watch it.
on 21 February 2014
Interesting detective animation with an odd-ball character that can change form, set in a grim post-war world. You also have the choice of watching it on DVD or Blu-ray, so you can watch it elsewhere.
on 1 September 2013
Blending a deceptively cute visual style with a storyline rife with murders and political cover-ups, accompanied with a rich subtext of "This is what your society might become if you keep trading civil liberties for security", this detective series with a heavy dose of magical realism caters to the more demanding anime-palate.
on 11 November 2013
Bought this for my son who is a huge Anime fan and he loved it.
Fabulous price and super fast delivery
Highly recommended
on 5 April 2014
I didn't know what to expect when I purchased this on impulse!

I loved the series, the animation style is lovely and is top-notch all of the time! The soundtrack is beautiful and the ending credits song is just lovely to listen to. The story focuses around the main character Shinjuro, a character who is known as the Defeated Detective and his partner Inga, a shape-shifting boy and their adventures solving crimes. It was a short but sweet series and I was thoroughly surprised at how much I liked the series! My only bad point is that it should have been longer as some parts felt a little rushed!
on 3 May 2013
I found out about UN-GO, because I love Pandora Hearts and Black Butler. I found the original Japanese dub firstly and got that, thinking there wouldn't be an English release. But I was so excited to find there was. Inga is a combination of Xerxes Break and The Undertaker. He is also a demon soul eater. Inga has two forms, the form of a boy or a young lady. He makes a deal with the main character Shinjuurou, to feed on people's souls. Shinjuurou is a 'defeated detective' that goes around solving crimes with his partner Inga, to get the truth from people Inga has to get deep inside of the host, however, Shinjuurou told Inga not to fully feed on the souls. I'll not go into it further.

So anyway the story is brilliant, there's an ova to show how Inga and Shinjuurou met. The main characters are all lovable and the art is fantastic also. I love this far more than I do the Black Butler anime.