Top positive review
6 people found this helpful
neat little oven
on 23 October 2013
I rather like this neat little oven. It isn't particularly robust (for instance the non-stick coating on the tray is already starting to wear a bit thin after only a handful of uses), but for occasional use it's a nicely engineered and practical device.
- The short lead restricts flexibility and you really don't want to be running an extension lead around your kitchen
- There's no pre-heat function - but having said that it is so small it takes virtually no time at all to heat up
- The timer only goes up to 60 minutes, if you want longer you have to wait until the 60 minutes is up and then reset for the additional time - not much use if you want to nip to the shops while dinner is cooking!
- It lacks calibration on the temperature knob - as other reviewers have said it only shows 0, 165 and 230; if you want a temperature in between then you have to guess
- It's very small (none of my tins fit inside it).
On the positive side:
- It's very small, which means it heats up quickly, it doesn't use as much power as my larger combination oven, and fits neatly into a corner of the kitchen
- It seems to cook nicely & evenly (unlike my combination oven which has hot spots)
- I love the rotisserie feature. So far I have cooked a pork loin joint and a small chicken; both came out lovely and moist and more evenly cooked than they would be in a static roasting dish.
In summary, this is a convenient little device, which could be used when camping / touring, for single person meals, or to give extra capacity in the kitchen for large events.