Size: MM600|Style Name: Gen1|Change

on 6 February 2014
It's huge, soft, thick and comfortable.

It's actually a lot larger than I originally anticipated, spanning nearly the length of my desk.

This would sound very strange out of context wouldn't it?
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 May 2013
I collect gaming mousepads and do reviews on them for my clansite, the 'BN Nitwitts'. Just got the MM200XL and reviewed it. Found it to be a superb mat. Very similar in texture to the Puretrack Talent which I also have and consider to be one of the best gaming mats ever. The Corsair MM200XL is a quality mat for a very reasonable price.
on 24 March 2015
Mionic’s lazer mouse surface quality test analyzer on both sides of the corsair mouse mat showing 80% of surface recognition. It is the same as if I would use it on table without mouse pad. There is a difference in feel of how mouse slides: with the corsair mouse mat on both sides sliding is rougher than on table surface. Also when mouse is in motion it produces more noise than if I would use it on table surface.
In general mouse mat look very well made, durable. From the appearance I don’t like this aluminum border that goes thru all mouse mat perimeter also logos. That aluminum border and logos distract. To fix this I will paint it in black or I’ll use black tape to cover it. I decided to buy this mat because wanted to try different surfaces, but now then I have it, I think I would go for cheaper simple plastic hard surface mat without aluminum base.
on 30 June 2015
Do I really need a mousepad for my keyboard?

This is a question I asked myself before purchasing. I was still unsure when the product arrived but having unpacked it (really nice packaging by the way) I was totally sold.

The pad is big, like really big but this is not a problem if like me you have a big desk. My desk is getting on a bit and showing signs of wear, so this mousepad covers a multitude of sins and nicely flattens out any lumps and bumps on the surface. The material on the pad itself is lovely. It's a cloth pad so not stitched at the edges which could be an issue long term.

Do you need a massive mouse pad for your keyboard too? Probably not. Should you get one? Absolutely!

Pro's

+ Big, really big!!!
+ Great quality cloth and your mouse will simply glide
+ Really nice packaging that can be used to store the pad

Con's

- None really but I do question how the edges will hold up after some use. I have asked others who use the same product and they say that theirs has held up well. I'll update in the future should quality become an issue.
on 14 June 2015
Slightly rough surface makes this mouse matt a little noisy when moving the mouse around. While it is precise and gives a well connected feel when moving the mouse, it does feel a little cheap. The build quality is only a step above one of the free mouse mats that you used to get on the cover of every PC magazine from the 90s. So while it does the job, the experience is not the nicest and leaves you feeling a little short changed.
on 26 November 2015
Yep, it's a mousemat. As a mousemat I would rate it as 100% because it is a mousemat.

If you had sent me a pineapple instead I would not have rated it as highly.
on 5 October 2014
I bought this directly from the seller instead of Amazon as they were selling it for a few quid less and were also giving away promotional flash drives. I've now been using it for almost a week and so far I'm very impressed with the performance of this mouse mat. I purchased the extended version so I could place both my K70 RGB and razer mouse on top of it.
I've used a few gaming surfaces before but none allows the mouse to track as well as this one. My Razer copperhead mouse just glides effortlessly across the surface and offers just the right amount of control. The mouse mat is 3mm thick and has a nice soft cushion feel to it which is ideal if you spend a few hours gaming in a single session. The rubber base ensures that once in place it does not slide about.
My only real concern are the edges, cloth mouse mats are well known for fibres fraying around the edges and the corsair MM200 looks like it could eventually face the same problem. Corsair have stated that the edges are fray resistant but I'm not sure how as there isn't any additional stitching like you find on some razer mouse pad products. I'm going to give Corsair the benefit of the doubt here as their build quality has been outstanding on just about every other product I've bought from them so far.
If there are issues in the long run then I'll update the review, but for now it's a quality mouse mat.
on 2 December 2015
I love corsair products and have reviewed many. This one tho is unfortunately sub par. After a month of use the edges of this have started fraying. It has not affected game play in anyway but looks really bad. It is cheap i get that but corsair normally wont lend there name to any product that is not great no matter what the price point. I will in future buy a slightly more expensive mouse mat. If they had spent less on the fancy packaging for this product they could have molded the edges or something to stop the fraying. A real shame and to be honest i expected better quality form corsair. The actual surface of the mat is very good and gives good accuracy whilst in-game.
on 19 November 2014
Feels like quality cloth, it is not to thick an not to thin. The corsair m45 mouse I use on it tracks perfect on it for my FPS games. It is big enough to fit my keyboard on and still have plenty of room to use the mouse on. The mouse Matt is easy to clean with a damp cloth. Of you can even rinse it under the shower and leave to dry after a spilt drink like I did and it's dry again in no time. Quality product. Recommended.
on 19 January 2016
The overall quality and feel of this mouse pad is great and your mouse glides smoothly across which minimal friction or resistance.

My only trouble with this mouse pad is that it tends to pick up dust particles and fibers very easily which can lead to the mouse sometimes skipping or sticking when you go over them.

With care and cleaning it regularly it is perfect but can be a tiresome process.