on 1 December 2013
When I went to pre-order my PS4 the one launch time that stood out as something a bit different was Knack. It wasn't the same old shoot 'em up or racing game, it looked something more unique and that is why I picked it as the game to go with my new PS4.

Then the reviews started coming in and really slating the game and I did think about cancelling the pre-order and chording another game but I am so glad I ignored all the negative reviews. Knack is such a fun game to pick up and play. There is no big learning curve like in other games and it is a real throwback to the classic platformers. In fact It's probably one of the best launch titles I've played of any console.

The controls are very easy to learn and the gameplay reminds me a bit of the Ratchey and Clank games, collecting power ups and beating up enemies.

I honestly cannot believe the poor reviews the press have given this game. I think it appeals to a wide audience and adds something a little different to gaming catalogues that are overflowing with FPSs and racing games. I hope Sony make it into a series like Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank.
44 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 February 2015
My purchase of a PS4 coincided with my eldest turning 8 years old and really starting to take an interest in gaming (aside from the throwaway games on the iPad/iPhone). A lot of his school friends are into the Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty type of gaming which I'm still trying to keep him away from for as long as possible.

I believe that gaming is better when you grow up and evolve through the genre's just like I did! Sonic the Hedgehog on the Megadrive really shows my age!

But I've been on the hunt for good, quality games that are suitable for an eight year old that doesn't carry an age restriction and although Knack is a 12 it is perfectly fine for an 8 year old to play (IMO).

Both he and I have enjoyed the challenge of Knack, he has completed the easy run through whilst I'm still battling with the trickier hard play through and trying to collect all of the relevant trophies.

Graphics and cutscenes are a good showcase of the advanced PS4 system, but it is the back to basics gameplay for which this game shines.

If you are looking for something, not retro, but based upon what gaming values used to be then pick up a copy of Knack!
on 3 January 2015
Brilliant game. Got it with my ps4 for christmas (2014) have played the whole game. completed now, but it was brilliant loved every minute. it is between a platform game and a street fighting game to save the world!!! I couldn't put it down. It is up there with crash bandicoot, sonic, mario and all the other great classics there have been over the years. like other people have said it has a great plot and storyline. I love knack from relics,to ice, to wood, to special iron that makes him see through!Knack is a great character, that you will grow to love through the game! my children enjoyed helping me find all the special crystals and relics and watching me beat the baddies!! I hope that they make more great games. I would love to see a knack 2 or sequel to this game. I would reserve it now!!!! What more can i say if you like good platform games then this is definitely one to consider.
on 1 December 2013
Where to start??

This game is by far the most underrated game of all time because it has everything. Graphics are crazy, gameplay is great and responsive, the sound of the things you collect can be heard directly in the controller.
The game is challenging enough which makes it for all ages.
On top of all this, it's playable in co-op.
You don't have a second controller but you have a vita? One player can control the game with Vita and the other one with the DualShock 4.
Everything is made for the player to enjoy and have a great experience.
BUY this game, you won't regret it at anytime.
Excellent Game. This is the sort of game you will come back to and play hour after hour and enjoy everything about it. The game play is wonderful and is very fluid, the puzzles are interesting, the story line engrossing. It's one of those very very good games that years from now, those who played it will recount it with quiet fondness. It's a lot like Zelda or Mario Super Cart. The game play is simplicity itself but utterly engrossing and engaging. I can put my hand on my heart and say that if I was stuck on a dessert island and could have 3 other games like COD or watchdogs OR I could take just Knack I'd take this. It's simply great and would keep me engaged for weeks. Thoroughly recommended to anyone with a PS4 and for any age really as it's totally inoffensive.
on 26 November 2014
I must admit I picked it up when it first came out. And iv not played it since. A shame because it's not a bad game but I think it's mostly aimed at children 7+. It did show the ps4's capability when it first came out.
on 30 December 2015
My boys love playing this game. Don't be put off by the 12 rating. My 8 year old enjoys playing it and despite the claims of 'violent content' doesn't have sleepless nights. It's a nice family game that the boys enjoy playing. Suitable for 2 players although the 2nd player can feel a little left out at times as the 1st player gets the majority of action and plus ups.
on 28 December 2014
Bought this for my nephew as a Christmas present. He loves it my wife loves it, brother in law loves and it was the first PS4 game I completed

It's not got any innovative features and for seasoned games.will get samey but for some reason appeals to lots of different ages and gamers. Hope the character returns but with more depth to the gameplay.

Eye candy is prevelant it's just all a bit punch jump special power type thing.

Gets the 5 stars as the difficuly levels make it possible for a challenge to anyone and it just is a fun game to play for the family
on 3 June 2016
fantastic, simple game, reminds me of crash b. somewhat simple player ability needed but that only improves your gaming. small robot unit that travels through various terrains to gain relics to gain to gain size and powers and fighting powers to give the goblin armies a good whooping. 5 hours in i feel i may be over 1/2 way but im hooked . great game .
on 9 December 2013
i got this game this morning and have to say it is fantastic ive been playing all afternoon and as for the bad reviews i think those people havent even played it they are judging this game when they havent even given it a chance the gameplay and levels are great and to grow and shrink and smash robots tanks bulidings and beat up goblins, this game is for everyone who enjoys a good action role playing game as for the negative reviews i chose to ignore them and im glad that i did as this game doesnt disapoint at all well worth playing