on 16 October 2013
theses D-LINK adapters are great no more trying to get a wireless signal and so easy to set up just plug them in and away you go.
I did not think they would have been as good as they are,

WELL PLEASED DANIEL FROM LONDON
VINE VOICEon 18 June 2013
Style Name: DHP-309AV|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There is no simpler way to set up a home network than by using a homeplug system. Plug one adaptor into the mains near your router and another into a socket near your computer and you have an instant ethernet connection. Absolutely no configuration needed and speeds are very good - not as good as a directly wired connection but far less aggravation. I've been using the AV200 version and this new, faster, iteration gives a discernable speed improvement although whether it's two and a half times better is a moot point - speed depends on the quality of your wiring, in the end. Recommended.
VINE VOICEon 20 June 2013
Style Name: DHP-309AV|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I prefer wired to WiFi as it is always more powerful and reliable. These make a wired connection in another room a breeze. They use your own power system to transmit information allowing, depending on your setup, easy access to Internet as well as File and Print sharing. For fastest speed, the two should be on the same circuit, but this is not essential. I would recommend them to anyone who is after additional wired connections without the need to trail ethernet cable around the house.
on 16 October 2013
I purchased the D-Link power line AV500 as an alternative to my existing wireless system . My Apple TV worked fine with wireless but, would struggle with say a full HD Hubblecast . After installing these units the speed increased significantly . HD movies from my iTunes library stream without any problem. If you are having wireless interference from other routers this is a very good option. Setting up is a breeze.
on 21 November 2013
Does what it says now have wi fi all over my home with strong signal,would reccommend product for making home wi fi hotspot.
on 18 October 2013
The kit a couple attempts to get the two boxes. The best way was to have the two next to each other to connect and authenticate the move one to the desired location. Once paired works very well with no drop out of signal.
on 31 July 2015
I own these. They’re unreliable, and unusable for Skype/Streaming/Chat usage.

Once connected, their throughput is indeed about 160MBps, close to announced, in ideal conditions.

But every few minutes (2-3 minutes) the connection will drop, and take several seconds to recover. If you’re just web browsing this may be fine.
For any other usage requiring a stable connection, forget these and pick a different brand.

(I’ve confirmed this in 3 different houses and D-Link support is simply ignoring me)
on 26 October 2014
Advertised as "up to" 500MB/s, but incredibly, they only have a 100MB/s ethernet port! So there's no way you could possible ever get 500MB/s.

In practice you wouldn't get 500 anyway but it's at best sharp practice and at worst it's fraud.
I'm very disappointed and angry.

I bought 4 of these to upgrade the home AV200 network - I see a slight increase in speed but not much.
They work OK if you can get them cheap enough. I can't be bothered to return them as they do work, but be warned.

The downloadable software (which you will need to monitor the network) is a joke.
It crashes on most Windows 7 machines (32 bit or 64 bit), and if by some miracle it installs and runs, it can only see the adapter attached to the PC it's installed on. Which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
on 4 August 2013
I bought this gadget because I had recently changed my BT Broadband to Infinity because I wasn't getting a strong signal and was only getting about 3.2 mg (or whatever they are called) instead of the full mg as I hadn't got a wired connection . The engineer who came to fit Infinity told me the options I had - drilling (and making a bit of a mess and also having wires fastened along the ceiling and around door frames) or buying a D Link. I chose the latter. It works fine but the plugs do get very hot and I have to switch on every time I want to use my internet and switch off when I have finished, which is a bit of a bore. I sometimes wish I had gone for the drilling option.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2014
Work intermittently.

Probably the most unreliable powerline adapters I've used. They're also the cheapest.

If you can get them to work you may bag a bargain. If not, good luck with the supporting software. It's easily the worst I've ever used and will crash your PC is a variety of new and colourful ways. I couldn't even get it to open, let alone troubleshoot the (frequent) connection issues.