15,588
Denomination: 50|Design Name: Congratulations! (Balloons)|Change
Price:£50.00

on 30 January 2013
I was in hospital at the time of my best friend's 60th Birthday, but thought, "It's ok, I've got it covered" because I'd ordered a gift voucher to be sent to him the day before his birthday. When I got home, I found he HADN'T received it, and re-sending to his address FAILED. In the end I had to email it to myself, and then forward it. Big disappointment, big let-down.
on 14 May 2013
I purchased a £50 Giftvoucher for my mother as a present. She received it in an email and input the voucher code, her Amazon account then showed £50 credit to use on any purchase or multiple purchases... So far, so good!

However, as soon as she tried to use it on anything at all, including both single or multiple purchases, it would not let her... She got ethier 'Payment incomplete, please use another payment method', or 'code invalid'.

She then contacted Customer Services who were a complete shambles. She was on the phone for over half an hour with them... Firstly, they informed her that she must be at fault and loaded the wrong code... She hadn't as they found out when they reloaded the same code.

Then they tried to tell her that she was trying to purchase items and checkout 'the wrong way'... She wasn't as they soon found out when they went through it step by step.

They then berrated my mother for doing something wrong somewhere throughout the process and actually reduced her to tears!... She hadn't, as they begrudgingly admitted at the end of the phonecall that 'there must be something wrong with the input code then... i.e it must be invalid'!

How very clever of them to come to that final conclusion!

They then informed her that they would phone back within the hour with a 'New code' for her to input... They didn't.

6 hours later she phoned me in tears... I immediately contacted thier 'so called' Customer Services and cancelled the Giftcard.

Shocking behaviour... Never again!
on 14 February 2013
The recipient did not get the gift card on the day of his birthday which was scheduled so it was very embarrassng
on 30 March 2011
I felt just awful when my sister in America told me she couldn't use the gift easily. I really feel that the web-page should have flagged up a warning to make sure I was buying the right product. A silly mistake that cost me alot and left family without a Christmas gift.
on 17 February 2011
Purchased a gift token but the intended recipient didn't get. Tried multiple times, checked my mail for any error messages, checked their mail for any blocks. Bought two tokens, going to two people both with same comapny address, one got, one didn't. Never managed to get the token to the intended person. No instruction on what to do after that !
on 25 February 2013
took about 2 weeks!!!!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! for friend to get the gift cert. by email
on 20 January 2011
I ordered a Christmas gift certificate (3 weeks prior to Christmas) and it was not delivered until my third inquiry after Christmas. You lost my business, there are many other fish in the sea.
on 23 November 2014
I have been trying to send an email gift certificate to my neice, but have been unable to. The page does not allow an amount to be entered and just ends up going around in circles. I have tried over the last couple of days without success. What is the problem?
44 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2011
I ordered and the card was not delivered. I won't be back. I plan to use Pay Pal from now on to give gifts to my son.
on 4 December 2011
A perfect gift for a teenager. I remembered my neices birthday at the last minute and to late to post anything, so I sent her an Amazon voucher by email. I used the timed delivery of the email to arrive on her birthday, perfect. The response to the voucher was outstanding. she loved it....she can now buy what she wants online, without having to ask her mom for credit card details. Pro's 1) She gets exactly what she wants, 2)I dont waste money on something a teenager does not want, 3) present arrives on time, 4) everyone is happy. Thank you Amazon for making my life just a little bit easier.