on 13 August 2010
After thoroughly enjoying previous excursions into the World of Warcraft through the War of Ancients trilogy and the Warcraft Archive, I was rather looking forward to reading this book for 2 reasons:
1. Malfurion Stormrage is undeniably one of the most exciting characters in the series
2. Richard Knaak has proved himself a very capable writer in this genre

I was disappointed on both counts from this book. The main reason was that the story is dragged on 200 pages longer than what it deserves. The story lets Stormrage down by depicting a situation where he's more or less helpless, for a major part of the book. This immediately belies the godlike abilities he displayed in the Ancients trilogy. Knaak then continues to draw out the conflict with the story's main antagonist to the point where I was ready to throw in the towel if there was even one more mention of Stormrage almost giving up and then finding a bit more strength to make one last effort (how many last efforts can one make!!)
The story also almost reduces to a joke the powers of the Aspects. The other characters of the book, including the other druids, night elves and Thura the orc are poorly developed and didn't engage me to the point of caring what happened to them.

Final verdict? This book is worth a read only if you enjoy reading stories about WoW and Azeroth. If you're a Stormrage fan or expect this book to be as good as earlier efforts by Knaak and Golden, steer clear of it, because very simply, it isn't.
on 26 April 2016
I have read several of the WoW books and this is by far the worst, I got it on sale for 99p on kindle and it was so bad I returned it (usually wouldn't care about 99p). I only read 12% of the book.
on 27 October 2014
Loved this book. Very engaging storyline and as much as I love Knaak's other books, it was nice to see some new main characters instead of the usual trio of Krasus, Rhonin and Vereesa.
on 22 March 2015
An excellent read especially for the players of Druids in the world of Azeroth. Great to see Malfurian becoming more aware of his abilities and the corruption of the Emerald Dream.
on 27 May 2015
Epic book, used up all the charge on my kindle constantly reading it, I just couldn't put it down it was so good. Would recommend for anyone who likes fantasy
on 8 March 2015
Another great read from Knaak, by far the best WoW lore author. I was engrossed from the start and it's left me wanting for more. Thoroughly enjoyable!
on 30 December 2016
The book is great, came on time, as advertised, amazing for Warcraft lore lovers and collectors. It's smaller than I expected but that's not a problem.
on 28 November 2010
This is a must read for Malfurion fans and a good read for Warcraft fans. Knaak's writing is fair and this book is easy to read, in fact my only complaint is that it's a huge world event storyline that must of already happened as Malfurion is now awake in the game and yet we have seen none of it.
on 17 May 2013
Was a awesome book specially if you have to audiobook to follow with. I recommend that you read War of the ancient before this one though.
on 26 May 2014
Best wow book yet
Definayely somrthing worth adding to the game best lore from two fav characters and brief cameos too