This book is full of lovely colour illustrations to along with all the delicious recipes, many of which are Japanese.It explains all about the macrobiotc diet and way of living. Because its so well designed and printed its one of those books that you keep going back to.
on 18 July 2011
Although all the info looks good, this is definitely more of a guide to macrobiotics than a recipe book. Out of 160 pages, only pp 122-156 are actually recipes with about 4 recipes per double page spread. These do look good, but personally I like more pictures in my recipe book - there's only about 1 picture per four recipes. Not what I was personally looking for, but this is - of course - just my opinion.
on 31 July 2016
Interesting diet book
on 1 May 2017
Good
on 9 October 2011
I am a beginner to Microbiotics and was interested in finding out more. This book certainly gave me a good back ground history on the principles but when it came putting into practise it left me a little lost. I spent a fortune at the health shop stocking my cupboards full of the new ingredients it suggested, but the recipies I made were just bland and dull....and on further inspection I found that the book really lacked in recipies.....if you want to know more about microbiotics than this book is good, but if you want a way of introducing the recipies and food into your life I don't think this is the right book. I want a book that will be an easy introduction of tasty and nutritional microbiotic dishes...this was just too boring and bland. Not for me.
on 11 June 2007
What a great introduction to macrobiotics. Got started straight away and fel better for it. The information is inspiring and when I read through I got to the point where it would be difficult to eat anything else. I lost weight, feel fitter and calmer emotionally. Just joined Simon's yahoo discussion group as well.

If you are interested in healthy eating and improving health I would definately recommend this book.
on 8 March 2006
My girlfriend recommended this book and although I was sceptical at first it is packed with facts and I now know a lot more about food. As a result I eat a lot more living whole foods, my diet is better balanced in terms of acid and alkaline, potassium rich and lower in GI. I tried the ten day eating plan and felt better than I can remember. The book is easy to use and the food not as hard to prepare as I imagined - just needs more planning ahead. I like the flexible, open minded approach. The idea of food having energy is really interesting. Now I know what Madonna is on!
on 27 March 2006
What a superb book, so creative and colourful, you cannot fail to enjoy cooking and creating a more healthy life. It clearly explains the benefits of a positive and healthy lifestyle, and it is achievable, unlikely the normal fad diet books. Recommended for all who want to live life to the full.
on 20 October 2008
I had considered for some time following a macrobiotic diet, I bought this book after reading other very very good reveiews, I can say I have definitely made the right decision buying this book, it is beautifully illustrated, easy to understand for a beginner and has recipies which I look forward to trying, the book also had loads of advice about different types of vegetables etc and what the health benefits are.
I have always eaten healthily but now I feel armed to improve on the foundation that I had alredy implemented in my diet.

Debra LeslieModern Day Macrobiotics: Transform Your Diet and Feed Your Mind Body and Spirit
on 13 August 2008
This is a great book but if you already own the (excellent)Boy George macrobiotic book beware because both books share the same recipes and in some cases pictures too. I think that Simon Brown's partner co-wrote the Boy George book with him and they both run a health food store in West London. This one has more info about the nutritional qualities of macro foods and is worth buying for that alone, however you don't need to own both books.