on 11 September 2015
Absolutely brilliant, helped my little boy no end when he gets a cold and is all blocked up.
on 10 August 2015
Very good
on 20 March 2010
Our daughter has asthma and gets a lot of chest infections so this product really helps during the night to keep the room cool and moistens the air to aid her breathing. I would recommend this product , we have tried a few other similar products but found we were always filling them up, cleaning them or couldn't get the right setting. This humidifier has a huge tank which normally lasts around 5 days and the dial allows us to fine tune the air in the room according to humidity/temperature in there as it has a humidity and temp gauge attached. The LED internal light also acts a good night light which gives a soft blue glow in the room. It has a charcoal water filter in built but I always use cooled down boiled water and find that saves a lot of regular cleaning. Would be good for anyone with snuffly babies or people who have a lot of conjestion as it does give a lovely cool mist to the room.
11 Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 March 2015
Bought to aid little ones cough. A bit fiddly to refill, instructions were very poor but figured it out in the end. Need to refill every other day. having to boil almost 3 litres is a bit of a pain. I guess it's better to do then to get limescale. The amount of mist produced can be controlled. The Minimum has been sufficient so far. Apparently you can switch it off using dial at the front however it doesn't work so have to switch off at the back. I don't put it on all night as the room gets too cold for little one. Overall good product should have invested in one sooner
on 28 December 2015
This machine was terrible we used it about 4 times and then the problem started a leak here a leak there as the cracks in the plastic started showing
the first two we super glued and that stopped the leaks then we used it again then more cracks came so I super glued them .
then came the bad one were the round thing is were you fill it up with water so it cracked again so we got the out again as this time it leaked all over the wooden floor down stairs so we repaired it again so as we screwed this back together it cracked again this was enough so its now in the bin as I could not fix this no more it was a joke and I'm glad we got it on a special offer I would be very unhappy paying £135 as it should of been we paid £25 around that anyway and its not worth that all trust me do not buy these they look nice but there plasti cheap rubbish
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 April 2014
I spent a long time looking through all the products and then decided to go for this one. I wasn't disappointed as it is pretty well silent, holds water enough for several nights on the low setting and works a treat for my eight month old.

I always have it on the low setting as even on this level it delivers a stream of vapour from the top nozzle, on the high mode it turns the room into a Victorian scene from foggy London! the end result is that my child coughs far less and sleeps more soundly.

The blue LED that turns the water into an inviting Mediterranean sea is quite bright as others have mentioned, but doesn't bother my child. It could easily be covered by tape or similar if it did cause problems. I am very happy with this unit and would definitely buy one again, I've actually been discussing getting another one for our (the parents) bedroom as its so effective and reasonably priced.

If there is a downside to it I would say its the size as its not small, but if it were then you'd be filling it every night so in my view this is pretty well perfect!
on 3 December 2012
I loved this product when I first got it. It was a great design, was silent, cool mist with a lovely blue glow that my toddler loved. I especially liked the idea that there was a well to add a menthol oil to ease a blocked nose. Although initially apprehensive about using it in the small box room that my daughter sleeps in, I didn't find that if produced excessive moisture on furniture, walls or other surfaces, even when on maximum and the hygometer and thermometer worked well. There was some moisture on the carpet if left on the same spot too long, but it was only on the surface and soon dried. I found the instructions a bit lacking in clarity though.

So it worked brilliantly...until after the 4th night I found a puddle of water underneath the unit, which it hadn't done before and on closer inspection, I saw that the plastic around the oscillator (which vibrates to produce the moisture) had completely cracked and the oscillator had fallen through to the bottom casing allowing water to seep through the electrical part and through the grate on the bottom. I was understandably upset as it could have caused a electical fire in the night, so I returned it to Boots who exchanged it for a new one. After one night of use I see that the same problem is occuring so I am taking it back straight away. I checked the reviews extensively before buying and only came across one person who had the same problem and they had also used oil in the unit, so not sure if that is the problem. The instructions on using oil were very vague.

So, it may just be a faulty batch and if you do decide to buy one of these after all, please check the unit after every use to ensure this problem doesn't happen to you.
44 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 February 2014
Really silent but effective. Only complaint is that you can't turn the blue light off but otherwise a great product - helped with my little one's cough a great deal.
on 19 August 2014
bad product ,it works the first few months then it starts to loose water ,I ruined my furniture and lost the money.
Don t buy it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 29 November 2014
We like the blue light, good product to have for children. My baby has been sleeping much better during the night since we have bought this item