on 26 June 2013
I recommend this printer to anyone looking for fast, quiet sleek printer. It is so simple to use even for a senior citizen!
0Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 May 2013
Arrived withib 48 hours (free delivery)
Easy set up (once I had enabled WPS on router)
Works with USB on XP desktop - Wifi Laptop - Ipod and Ipad (both via airpirint)
Print quality excellent
Slow printing but perfectly adequate for home use
0Comment| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 October 2013
This printer managed OK for about four weeks - as an entry level printer it did the job and the print quality was acceptable, even if the connection over wifi was very, very slow.

However, the printer shut down on me with an error code 5100 after four weeks. I checked every possible mechanical problem and there were no jams, so I was forced to call Canon technical support. They were completely useless and sent me link to some dodgy company in Woking that provided the official Canon support for the whole of the UK. I've since spoken to Amazon to arrange a replacement and I cannot fault their customer support but I would advise others to avoid Canon printers in future. (Which recently did a comparative article on ink wastage/cost and found them to be the worst.)
11 Comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 June 2014
I chose this printer because it was wireless and can be used direct from my ipad. The inks are fairly cheap and the printer looks very well made. I would certainly recommend
on 23 June 2014
This is a good little printer
It prints well
It connects to my iPad and iPhone via wifi and is jolly convenient.
on 26 November 2013
Pros:
-Automatic feeder for the scanner. Works flawlessly and saves a lot of time.
-The accompanying software makes combining multiple scanned documents into a single pdf very easy.
-Fairly fast printing.
-Text display and more buttons make it simpler to solve printing problems.

Cons:
-The printer's output tray isn't long enough so printed documents will sit an awkward (but ordered) pile.
-The cover which allows ink access is very flimsy (i.e. often opens when folding away the output tray).
-Doesn't scan double-sided.
-The feeder for printing can take a very limited number of sheets (compared to standard printers).
11 Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 June 2013
Good value, but two problems. one is that you do need a PHD to work out all the features. In classic 200 page online manual 1980's fashion it will take a month of your life to work out all the features. Wireless is one important feature. Easy to set up on an iPad with the HP App but it will take days to set up with the PC or mac.

Ok the real design fault now.

The paper tray for print out is too small. Yes it is capable of holding one page - but floppy. Try two pages or more and it becomes a random mess on the floor. Try to re order the pages without damage. Almost a deal breaker.

Print quality is excellent.

I never want to buy a printer again, but if I do it had better have a bigger paper tray.

New report

The first one broke with paper jams. The replacement also broke with the feeder.

The wisdom of buying cheap.

Got a refund and spent the money on something useful instead,

Personally I will spend £200 upwards next time in the hope of a better machine,
33 Comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 March 2013
Great choice, print/copy/scan/fax, looks smart, doesn't take much space. Easy set up. Very very happy about this purchase. Also arrived very quick.
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 October 2013
This printer continues to fail to connect to any of my devices via the wifi in my house - whenever I try to print anything it says 'printer offline' - though it never is.

Have given up trying and bought something else instead.

Lack of backlight to LCD display makes it VERY difficult to see what settings you are choosing at any point.
on 5 August 2013
I bought this product off Amazon after reading the reviews, I have a new sky router with a WPS button , it took me 15 mins to set up completely from the easy to follow instructions, the only reason it takes 15 mins is that it loads the driver software automatically, I'm not that technical and it was as easy as anything ive ever installed.. really recommend this printer, printed first time and first time form my iphone also, no problems at all..

well done cannon..