on 15 March 2017
The sound and quality of these headphones are really good. Microphonee quality is crisp and clear, good enough to make videos if thats your thing, but really clear for online gaming.

Lots of great sliders for bass, treble and importantly one for microphone volume and essentially one that allows you to increase or decrease what you can hear from the room you are in. If the wife is watching EastEnders I can turn Dot Cotton down, if I have just had a row with the wife, I can turn the function up, and can hear her calling me a toss pot under her breath. Honestly no bounds to its usefulness.

They are also really, really comfortable. I wear glasses so sometimes headphones like this squash the frames against my delicate little face. These are firm but fair in that regard. The ear pads are also nice a big, so jug eared people like myself can fit the entirety of my lugs inside without the pad resting on half of them. Not found a pair of headphones that manage this apart from these and it means long gaming sessions don't result in you needing to constantly move the position of the pads around.

My first set broke after my son managed to trap them in a door. I bought another pair right away, so that's a testimonial in itself.
on 6 January 2018
Nice quality, comfortable and has lasted me a few years. I highly recommend you get the newer version. Mic quality is good, game sounds are great, music is okay and voice communication is where this works best.

It can be a bit stiff so stretch them over a stack of books for a couple hours.

GET THE NEWER VERSION.
on 16 June 2014
My first gaming headset was a pair of Turtle Beach PX21s and I loved everything about them ...except their durability. I went through three of them, one broke completely in as little as five months and that was with me treating it with the kiddest of kid gloves. I've had this one for six months now and have (accidently) treated it far more roughly than any of my PX21s and it's showing no signs of wear and tear.

The microphone is also of better quality (although the arm seems flimsy its apparently a lot tougher than it seems).

The mixamp works well enough with a decent treble and bass range just make sure you follow the instructions and set it up properly if you plan to use it with a PC otherwise all the sound comes out of the chat channel and the treble and bass wheels don't work.

The only downsides, in my opinion, are that the 3.5mm jack (from the amp to the device it's plugged into not from the headset to the amp) is quite easily knocked loose and the MLG branding which I don't particularly care for but it's not like I'm going to wear these outside the house - although you can unplug the headset from the amp and plug it into any device that takes 3.5mm jacks if you want to (they don't work with every kind of mobile phone though (tested on a Sony Xperia Arc S (headphones didn't work) and Samsung Galaxy S4 (headphones did work) (I can't vouch for the microphone on either although I suspect that it wouldn't work)
on 21 November 2017
This sound and mic for this price range is incredible. I have not a single complaint in that department.

However the issue is they break so incredibly easy. I am on my 3rd set (which has just broke) and to be honest, they will unfortunately be my last. It always snaps in the exact same way each time. On this pair, I actually watched the crack develop and grow over the last month until they finally failed. Trust me: Spend a little more money and get a headset that doesn't break after 6 months to a year.
review image
on 1 December 2013
Needed for recording, talking on skype and TS, and listening to music in the early hours, these are a great buy. I was a bit doubtful of the quality of a USB mic, as I have had bad experiences in the past, but the quality of these is better than my previous 3.5mm mic. The sound quality on these is great, really helping my game on BF4. On the PS3 these are great too, no annoying buzzing sounds like I get with triton headsets.
on 11 November 2017
I've had 3 Tutle Beach X12's, all of which broke at the joint of the headband and the ear piece, i changed to the px22, and this too broke at the same place, now the earpiece just dangles from the wire connecting to the headband, unless you're ok with having to replace your headset every few months i suggest you steer clear of Turtle Beach products.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 August 2014
bought for my son's 14th birthday, apart from having to tell him its a microphone, not a megaphone, its a brilliant piece of kit, which allows him to use all consoles in the house, much to his brothers annoyance!!
on 21 August 2017
A perfect headset it's cheap for how it performs, I would even say it is better then my friends astros and amazing for rainbow 6 siege
on 17 December 2017
After a year of using this, it still works perfectly
on 23 November 2015
absolutely class! and I love that i can also plug my phone i too!