on 26 May 2015
Tedious! The story had potential until I realised that Mr Eisler was going to write about sex yet again. This is tiresome. If he wrote Mills and Boon novels or the equivalent, then I would be fine with that. I wouldn't read the books, but I would accept that writing about lots of sex is expected from an author of this genre but, Mr Eisler is a writer of thrillers. I do not object to him writing sex scenes, but I do object to him making them the be-all and end-all of a novella about a character, I previously rather liked and admired his work and his characters. I doubt that I will read any more of Mr Eisler's novels. I now find him very annoying and have decided I would rather not waste my hard earned money and my precious time on his work any more.
on 14 December 2013
I've read quite a few of Eisler's books and as with this one, I enjoyed the tail. It's a bit lightweight, and Delilah is perhaps a little too glamorous for her role, but this is a step out of reality.

So the Mossad send Delilah after a female terrorist, or at least a suspected one. It's a false flag mission, trouble is Delilah ends up in too deep, in more ways than one.

Still, it's nicely drawn out as a plot, and ultimately a decent read.
on 30 March 2013
It starts well enough, but does not sustain the interest. It is all right for a short train journey. It seems to me that the author started the manuscript as a draft for a longer story. Later, with some editing and an open-ended finish he used it to introduce the character of Delilah. Some good elements in the story but it should have been developed into a much longer tale.
on 28 July 2014
This is a short novella set in the same world as the John Rain series. The focus is on Delilah his one time paramour. Great little story, which adds a bit of colour to the uses her associates make of her talent. It's a nice read, entertaining etc. It enables to reader to get a better understanding of the Delilah character
on 22 May 2013
It was a good story that illustrated a good cross section of emotions among some believable characters. I have read many of this author`s books and I am always a satisfied reader at the end of most of them. however I must say his writing is getting more and more political.
on 19 April 2014
The story is quite good and is interesting if you read Barry Eisler books, but I found it a bit slow and heavy going to some of his previous novels.
on 5 August 2013
Not a brilliant story, mainly because it lacked credibility. At the core of the novel is the fight against terrorism using a heroine who can bat for both sides. The twist at the end of the story saved it from getting a 1 star. If you are looking for an easy trashy read that has one or two good moments you may find it OK.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it. John lea
on 11 August 2013
Reasonably pacy read. I wouldn't say I loved it but it was worth finishing for sure. I would reccomend. ...
on 22 March 2013
A great book full of action and intrigue.

I found that it was easy to read in one sitting.

Very good.
on 11 May 2013
I found this book very much a "page turner" and have read it twice. The first time I have come across two women as the heroines in one book. I would recommend the book to my friends.