on 26 May 2015
Tedious! The story had potential until I realised that Mr Eisler was going to write about sex yet again. This is tiresome. If he wrote Mills and Boon novels or the equivalent, then I would be fine with that. I wouldn't read the books, but I would accept that writing about lots of sex is expected from an author of this genre but, Mr Eisler is a writer of thrillers. I do not object to him writing sex scenes, but I do object to him making them the be-all and end-all of a novella about a character, I previously rather liked and admired his work and his characters. I doubt that I will read any more of Mr Eisler's novels. I now find him very annoying and have decided I would rather not waste my hard earned money and my precious time on his work any more.
on 26 March 2013
Was OK for a quick read, but not enthralling. The main character is typical of this type of story. In fact, one has to wonder if there are any "less than stunning looking" female spies in existence while reading this genre of book!
on 25 March 2013
Average thriller not very well written and it concentrates on too much detail to the detriment of the plot.It did not make me want to read any more of the series of novels
on 17 April 2013
story mundane and obvious and totally unbelievable. Main characters far too glamorous and all over the top - daft! Won't get any more of Eisler's books.
on 14 December 2013
I've read quite a few of Eisler's books and as with this one, I enjoyed the tail. It's a bit lightweight, and Delilah is perhaps a little too glamorous for her role, but this is a step out of reality.

So the Mossad send Delilah after a female terrorist, or at least a suspected one. It's a false flag mission, trouble is Delilah ends up in too deep, in more ways than one.

Still, it's nicely drawn out as a plot, and ultimately a decent read.
on 10 March 2013
Is a good background story to the Barry Eisler series. It fills in the gaps! Try it and enjoy.
K&K Tavictock
on 5 August 2013
Not a brilliant story, mainly because it lacked credibility. At the core of the novel is the fight against terrorism using a heroine who can bat for both sides. The twist at the end of the story saved it from getting a 1 star. If you are looking for an easy trashy read that has one or two good moments you may find it OK.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it. John lea
on 30 March 2013
It starts well enough, but does not sustain the interest. It is all right for a short train journey. It seems to me that the author started the manuscript as a draft for a longer story. Later, with some editing and an open-ended finish he used it to introduce the character of Delilah. Some good elements in the story but it should have been developed into a much longer tale.
on 28 July 2014
This is a short novella set in the same world as the John Rain series. The focus is on Delilah his one time paramour. Great little story, which adds a bit of colour to the uses her associates make of her talent. It's a nice read, entertaining etc. It enables to reader to get a better understanding of the Delilah character
on 22 May 2013
It was a good story that illustrated a good cross section of emotions among some believable characters. I have read many of this author`s books and I am always a satisfied reader at the end of most of them. however I must say his writing is getting more and more political.