My 'friends' clubbed together (contributing not very much at all each, I notice) to buy me this slow cooker just after my divorce. A nice gesture, to show they were thinking of me in my hour of need? Or a veiled hint for me to pick myself up, dust myself off and stop turning up at their houses unannounced hoping to cadge a free meal?

At a capacity of one and a half litres, it wasn't even as if they were sending a message that they might all like to pop round to my house instead. Fine. All the more for me then. A can of chopped tomatoes, some random form of alchemy with the dried mixed herbs, the nearest vegetables I can find and maybe a few chunks of something that is hopefully not horsemeat in disguise and then it's all systems go.

If I'm at work, I can set this baby up to greet me in the evening with the most wonderful smells you can imagine. Then, when I've eaten that, I can rinse the pot out and perform a similar culinary manoeuvre in order to have a little something wonderful ready in the morning to take with me for lunch. There is nothing quite like that self-satisfied feeling just after the alarm's gone off, when the smell of my slow-cooking concoction meets my olfactory passages... followed by the adrenaline rush as I leap out of bed and then take the stairs four at a time in a panic, hoping that I remembered to put enough water in with all the other ingredients. This time.

This is an invaluable weapon in my cooking arsenal (alongside my microwave and a cupboard full of Pot Noodles) and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
99 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2013
Purchased for my son (for Uni). So far he says it is great, really useful! Seems that he is sharing his lovely hot food with others in his block at the end of lectures! He is experimenting and lets face it, with a slow cooker providing it has enough liquid I don't think you can go wrong. It means, hot, nutritious food and saves loads of money.
on 10 March 2013
A real bargain and great time saver especially with the hours I work and the though of having a prepared meal on arrival home is an added incentive
on 29 June 2013
I use this for Pot Roasts, Curries & stews. Great little cooker. I would have given 5 * but the glass top does tend to rattle a bit when running on high - switching to low cures the problem. (But then I do tend to fill the pot up perhaps a little too much at times.)
on 19 July 2013
This takes up a small space in the kitchen and providing you're only cooking for 1 or 2 persons it is the perfect solution. It also looks modern and stylish and has variable heat controls
on 28 March 2013
I set this when I go out to work at 1pm on slow and my husband has a hot cooked meal waiting when he gets in at 8pm - perfect
on 4 April 2013
Just the right size for a couple this simple to use cooker offers quality at an affordable price, and the promise of healthy well cooked meals with the minimum fuss.
on 22 May 2013
Does exactly what it should do and does it well. We have used it to cook several different meals, it performed faultlessly. This size is great for just two people.
on 2 July 2013
I bought this little slow cooker for the caravan, and have found it that good I am thinking of another for home!
It cooks really well, even on the 4 hour setting and holds a lot more than you would expect. More than enough for two people.

Highly recommended product, particularly like the clear lid and the removable crock pot.
on 8 July 2013
This has changed my life. As someone who HATES to cook this has solved a massive headache for me. I work from home and I'm alright at sorting out breakfast and lunch but I always seem to look up from work, it's half 7 and I can't be bothered to sort out dinner so have a sandwich or some cereal.

I bought this little darling and now I can actually have dinner! My favourite meal is 3 sausages, half an onion, can of tomatoes, half a can of cannelloni beans, half can of sweetcorn, a bit of chutney, some chorizo, and half a sachet of a sausage casserole slow cooker mix from Tesco's. Whack it all in then cook on low for 7 hours or so - it tastes incredible and makes 3 servings.

You do think the pot is a little small at first but it's not at all. Like I said, it makes around 3 servings and doesn't take up much space at all. I'm very glad I bought it.