Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 September 2017
Great Cd. Good price, quick service.
on 11 March 2015
Good album but reminds me of a bad time in my life. Sorry Justin.
on 2 March 2017
Great
on 3 October 2013
After such a long wait this is a great album. Purchased the second album though and this is not so good. Stick with this one it is the better of the two IMHO.
on 6 December 2016
Great
on 4 May 2017
Good Album
on 2 May 2013
I gave this album a 5 star rating for the pure fact that Timbaland and Timberlake have done it again! They've managed to change the game yet again by slowing things down and leaving the terrible EDM music that haunts us on the radio. I recommend this album to people who are fed up of R&B artists selling out to dance music and want pure R&B!
on 17 July 2013
I am a huge fan of Justin Timberlake and was so excited when he announced he was bringing a new album out.
There are some great songs on the album such as Mirrors, Tunnel Vision and Suit & Tie, the problem I have with it is that the songs are too long. I really like the beat and the collaboration with Timbaland in Don't Hold the Wall but I can hardly ever get through the whole track before skipping to the next one as the song drags on for too long.
Overall I do enjoy listening to the album but would have preferred for JT to release more edited versions of the songs.
on 28 December 2013
JT should be done by now in teen star years but somehow he still manages to pull it out of the bag yet again; this is an excellent album and just what I need to keep me motivated on the treadmill, on a Sunday morning and during those long tiresome periods when I'm tuck in a traffic jam.....fabulous album
on 15 November 2013
JT is a funny artist for me, not in terms of "Funny - Ha, Ha!" but "Funny - peculiar". He was always an artist that I didn't take particularly seriously, thanks to his boy band background, but fair's fair, he's a very talented guy and his records never fail to impress me with just how original and involving they are. I always expect not to particularly enjoy them, but their quality is undeniable and they always eventually draw me in.

This collection is no different, especially the classy "Suit and Tie", which is the standout track for me here (as is Take Back the Night on CD2). That being said, this is the kind of record that you don't seem to hear very often these days. Every track is inventive in terms of beats and grooves, which is probably due largely to Timberland's production skills, and well crafted in terms of the vocals and melodies. These are just great songs, effortlessly delivered with panache and cool style. Mr Timberlake has nothing to prove, he's just throwing grooves out there as he feels them, making records that he wants to hear regardless of market trends and the influences of artists such as Michael Jackson, Prince and Marvin Gaye are worn proudly on his sleeves.

This pt1 CD is more for the bedroom, with pt2 being aimed more at the dance floor, but neither CD is easy to pigeonhole in todays market. It's just pure pop and all the better for it.

I bought this on the back of seeing JT delivering a blistering performance at the MTV awards this year when he picked up the Video Vanguard award and I think he's one of the few artists around these days that could be considered a bona-fide superstar, up there with the Beyonce's of this world that can write, record, sing live, dance, sound original in an otherwise identi-kit market, put on an awesome show without seeming to break a sweat and still be relevant.

For me, he's the male solo artist that is still setting the bar for others to aim at and you have to respect that.