on 10 November 2016
I very much enjoyed this series. Neil has grown on me I have to say which has surprised me as I love John Nettles. I would love to see John and Neil work together again in Midsomer Murders. I have to say though I am absolutely gutted that this is Jason Hughes' last series as DS Ben Jones. I think he's brilliant at playing the part and has worked very well with both Neil and John. He's my favourite Barnaby sidekick. I'm not a fan of the DS Charlie Nelson character, it's just not the same without Jones. This is the last series that I'll be purchasing of Midsomer Murders. Series 1 to 15 are more than enough for me.
2 people found this helpful
WRITTEN IN THE STARS
DEATH AND THE DIVAS
THE SICILIAN DEFENCE
SCHOOLED IN MURDER
I was going to stop my collection of Midsomer murders with the last of John Nettles, but have found Neil Dudgeon even better at playing the countryside detective. I just love sykes as his aide for batting ideas at (his cute little dog), and am so pleased they kept Jones in the series as he brings so much animation to the programme, and a little comedy. long may it continue.
8 people found this helpful
on 19 July 2017
Great stories with engaging murders in them and I love the new Mrs Barnaby for having a life outside her husbands. Sykes is a fantastic new edition too. Shame the number of episodes has started to decline but the price remains the same though, very cheeky, if it continues I will have to start waiting a while to buy them.
on 27 January 2017
Excellent series because of Jason hughes, I am very sad that they never saw the value of Jason hughes acting abilities and let him go. His character Ben Jones should have been promoted to DCI ,when Tom Barnaby left. This would have given them more scope for his character and a home life with Kate, only seeming to be dipicked by the Barnabys. The other DS's seem to be so wooden and so is the new Barnaby and a little condescending towards Jones. I will only buy up to this season. Please bring back Jones.
on 1 October 2015
We have just watched this second series featuring Neil Dudgeon and have enjoyed it very much despite the story lines being a bit bonkers. Any dog lover will love Sykes, he is really cute and I think there is more chemistry between John and Sarah than there was between Tom and Joyce making their relationship seem that much more believable.
on 14 February 2014
While the Midsomer Murders series is more than being about just one character, there is no doubt that Neil Dudgeon has demonstrated that he is perfectly suited to the role of Detective Chief Inspector John Barnaby. The other characters are also highly competent.

Providing the script writers can maintain the high standard of previous series as they do in this set, this iconic series is in safe hands.

Recommendation: Buy the set and sit back and enjoy some highly professional crafts men and women doing what they do best ie providing highly professional entertainment.

Steve
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 March 2017
Loved this television series so much I bought the dvd. Lighthearted murder in each episode, quaint and entertaining. I am pleased with my purchase and would buy again.
on 9 May 2014
Again, this series didn't disappoint. I have already got Series 1-14. Subtitles vey helpful. Would recommend this to anyone who is interested in the Midsomer series. Neil Dudgeon shows his softer side when dealing with Sykes. Has settled in very well into the shoes of John Nettles- the programme could easily have gone downhill, but it didn't. (Have already got Series 16).
on 21 November 2013
Iam a Midsomer addict, but it was getting a little stale, retiring Tom Barnaby and bringing in John his cousin has really lifted it back to a new high , well done to the producers especially for keeping Jason Hughes in it. He has always been the best sergeant out of all 15 series.
4 people found this helpful
on 25 March 2015
Yes, I had doubts about the switch from Tom to John, but actually it has worked quite well. I suspect this is mainly because of Jones' continuity. As with the Tom series, I'd rather have less of the Mrs Barnabys. Sykes the dog is a bonus though. Well worth looking at.