on 14 October 2014
Bought the Kindle edition of this book and didn't realise how old it was, which might explain why the continual explanations of computing terms seemed somewhat archaic. Although elderly, I worked with computers every day so I'm not completely computer illiterate. The book started off very compelling but, by half way through the story, I had to resort to turning pages without reading all the explanations as I was so bored and just wanted to get back to the plot. The book could have been reduced by 25% and retained my interest throughout but instead I only finished reading it through dogged perseverance rather than enjoyment. Loved Bishop the detective a lot and Gillette the hacker a little but didn't really care about anyone else. How anyone's managed to give it 5 stars beats me!
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 27 August 2013
This was a book first read in 'paperback form', which I loaned out and never came back. As a 'Jeffery Deaver' fan I wanted this in my library and was able to locate on Amazon. Well worth a first look, if they don't have, they usually know someone who does!
Good price and excellent service.
VINE VOICEon 6 June 2001
Ok so I got this book yesterday and I read it yesterday I just could not put it down. Working with computers I get annoyed when the details are inacurate. Deavers details down to the O/S descriptions were fantastic. I haven't read a book this good since Koontz's From the Corner of His Eye earlier this year. Please Please Please continue with this genre, you'll make a fan out of me!
on 26 May 2018
Gripping, interesting and full of twists.... I’m a geek and loved the technical stuff but it’s not the best part ..it’s the way the tension is high throughout..not knowing who can be trusted...
on 9 February 2015
This book arrived very quickly. Was a very good read. Could not put the book down, as carried it everywhere around the house.
on 23 April 2018
In my opinion one of the best Deaver books I've read kept you hanging on until the end.
on 12 August 2014
Have this book as a hardback and have read it 4 times over the last 3 years or so, when I bought my kindle it was my first choice as the book to take away on my latest holiday. I still find something new each time I read it, Jeffery Deaver is awesome...!!!
on 8 August 2017
Not my style of reading
on 6 February 2014
I loved this book,very up to date with computers in our world,hope it doesn't come true though!It's a must read for everyone not just Deaver fans!
on 5 July 2013
One of my favourite books - I have read it several times. I love the combination of crime, human interest and computer hacking.
A fascinating read from start to finish with lots of twists and turns and surprises along the way. I can't believe that Warner Brothers bought the rights for filming years ago and still haven't made it into a film.