on 16 May 2013
The BT6500 system has already prevented a number of nuisance calls bothering us, which was our main reason for choosing it. Has all the other features a DECT phone should have.
The only slight con is that you can only have up to 5 handsets registered to the Base.
Also, for some unexplained reason one of our Contacts is never recognised because their number is not transferred from Base to Handsets when they call. (Though our ordinary landline phone does show their incoming number). All the others work fine. Maybe just a fault with our units.
on 15 June 2013
I purchased the set of BT6500 phones for the sole purpose of blocking unwanted calls and they work very well, but to block individual calls from the hand set this is only limited to TEN numbers, perhaps BT could upgrade this to 200 call blocks. But in saying this, this set does have blanket blocking of International calls and number withheld.
on 4 June 2014
Very poor blue display. At maximum contrast (level 5) still very hard to read. Levels 4 & 5 are virtually the same as 3.
The BT7600 may have a better display if you like orange but the features would be the same.

Some features have no choice of control. (eg bleeps on all sets at start and end of calls or when returning handset to charger)

Keypad & confirmation tones are very loud and cannot be adjusted, only turned on or off.

The green flashing light alert light for messages is quite faint and easy to miss in daylight.

Only purchased for the nuisance call blocking. I have had instances of call blocking to normal numbers which is no use at all so this set (I bought 6 altogether) may have to be returned presently.

I have 6 Panasonic cordless phones (without call blocking) which I may well return to - this is a quality product compared to the BT6500 which is a disappointment.
on 6 July 2013
First set I received were no good at all thought it was fault with line. BT engineers stated it was faulty phones. Replaced with no problems. New set not too bad hard to block calls. Callers voice distorted like speaking in a goldfish bowl, speaker phone is just rubbish! For the older folk sounds like Norman Collier sound keeps breaking up get about third of conversation. I would not recommend this phone at all.
on 16 May 2013
We were receiving three or four calls a day from withheld, unavailable or international numbers. This phone optionally diverts any or all them, or any other specified other number, to voicemail so genuine callers can leave a message. We have had the product for a couple of months now and are very pleased with it.
on 17 October 2014
This phone was purchased to replace older style BT phone system
Purchased 4x phone set as well for home /office use
Total 5 phone system (max allow on system)

Well pleased to date ,very easy to set up good selection of ring tones and features
Impressed with distance phones can be used but still in contact with base station .
Good clear display
Display dims when not in use looks good , fit for purpose product .
on 17 February 2014
Phone works very well, problem is with the screen, whoever thought of putting black text on a blue background needs to think again.
With the contrast set at it's highest (5) it is still very difficult to read.
Attempts to get help from BT have proved to be impossible.
on 27 November 2013
This is a lovely phone. I bought it to go with the answer phone. I was a bit worried about tuning it to the base because I'm a bit of a technophobe, I needn't have worried because it was the easiest thing in the world. I'm really happy with my purchase, the free and prompt delivery was the icing on the cake. Thank you. 😄
on 18 July 2013
BT only sell a set of 4 max in this range therefor i had to buy this extra handset it took 2 days to find I had to remove one from the system before I could add the new one but once done, all 5 are now working perfectly although I also have a Skype phone on the system and it has stopped working on the land line.
on 21 January 2014
When added to an existing trio set the Handset 1 - handset 4 screen is not replicated . This means tou are restricted when making internal calls . I have bought 2 additional handsets which show this problem . Therefore I would not recommend buying additional
handets