Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 November 2013
Have three other interpretations of these pieces, but I find Jan's recording gives me the most pleasure. Played with so much feeling and sensitivity.
on 11 March 2015
Jan, I have been playing the piano for the last 30 odd years. I have always wanted to fall in love with Chopin's Etudes, but I didn't ever hear anyone playing them in a way that caught my attention. When I heard you play them on my CD, I nearly fell out the window because I have NEVER heard anyone play them with the sensitivity that I hear from you. Thank you so much for enabling me to fall in love with these wonderful pieces, and your inspiration to give them the performance they deserve from me. Your musicality is extra-ordinary and is a special gift from God. There are many virtuosos both young and old out there, but there are very very few virtuosos in my opinion who have the same gift of musical expression and interpretation that you have. Daniel Barenboim is the perfect example of that when he plays Beethoven, and you shine and excel when you play Chopin, as clearly the spirit and soul of Polish musical expression flows in your veins, to the point that when I listen to you playing Chopin, it's like listening to the master himself.
I have also enjoyed listening to your Schumann concerto performance as much as I have enjoyed Martha Argerich's interpretation of that great work.Please give us a CD of that performance, as I love that work intensely.
Lastly, I would love to hear you play all Rachmaninov's concertos and Tchaikowsky's lesser known work, concerto number 2.
Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us, and may God bless you in your travels through life and keep you safe.
on 5 September 2013
Jan Lisiecki's interpretation and playing of Chopin displays his empathy with the composer. Perhaps his Polish heritage helps his approach to the Etudes. Wnderfully recorded by DGG engineers.
on 27 August 2013
This was bought after watching Jan Lisiecki at the Proms. What a wonderful pianist - so sensitive in his playing as well as technically brilliant!