on 13 May 2013
I bought this for my wife who is a keen fan and have to admit I have watched this movie with her and did enjoy. Delivery as always first class.
on 7 September 2014
Well worth watching - annoyingly it sacrifices both the rhythm and nuances of the original book for a landslide of irrelevant special effects which extend this into a marathon which has, at times, to be simply tolerated until it gets itself back on the plotline. Watch it, enjoy it, then go read the much better book
on 7 May 2013
great viewing . have seen all the lords of the rings dvds yes great viewing and good value for money
on 16 August 2013
I think this is an amazing film it iss adve turous .it is epic and the product is good quality.the story is better than the books.it has more action Jin it.
on 16 June 2013
Bought this as a present for my wife. Really good film, not as dark as The Lord of the Rings with more humorous parts. Definitely worth watching.
on 18 December 2013
t's a Christmas present; therefore, not opened as yet! I am sure it will be fine. Seems like a very good buy - Thank you
on 27 December 2014
Poor, overly long and adds various story lines that have nothing to do with the original book. Nowhere near as good as the Lord of the Rings. Of the four of us who sat down to watch only one of the family bothered to stay and watch the whole film. Certainly won't bother to watch the rest of the trilogy.
on 3 February 2015
I recently watched The Hobbit on my LG passive 3D TV. It was amazing. I saw the movie in standard blu-ray last year, but it certainly came alive in 3D. I found the colours more vibrant and rich, resulting in a more satisfying experience. I own over 20 3D movies, and this is one of the best in terms of showcasing 3D technology. Highly recommended.
on 3 January 2014
I purchased this dvd as I was going to see the 2nd film and wanted a reminder of the first. A great film even the second time of watching.
on 13 May 2013
Recommend the dvd as it lived up to my expectations, can't wait for the next part. Glad l didn't listen to some of the reviews.