on 12 May 2017
This is a most unusual novel because it captures so many wonderful sensual experiences and draws one into a world where disability and ability are reversed. The reader experiences people with incredible beauty on the inside and sees the world through the senses of a blind person. What amazing writing this is! I loved this book and will read it again and again.
on 1 April 2017
Great story, beautiful words, philosophical, but at times too descriptive, which had me flick and skip a some pages a few times... nevertheless I'd still recommend it!
on 24 April 2017
Beautifully written, this is a story that warms your heart. Who needs eyes to see when you've got hearts to hear? As the story unfolds, it's hard to put it down. Tin Win and Mi Mi are brought to life in a way that makes you part of their story.
So glad I stumbled across this book by accident. Well worth a read.
on 7 June 2017
A most unusual tale written with great tenderness and sensitivity. I loved it and am looking forward to reading the sequel.
on 26 June 2017
purchased for a friend who said it had arrived in the time indicated and is very happy with my choice.
thank you.
on 24 May 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Though Im not normally a fan of romances, this book drew me in. It is a beautiful story and shows us what real love really is. I wanted to travel to Burma and see this country for myself and meet the people. I would recommend this book to everyone and was sorry when I had finished it.
on 2 June 2017
A super book from this wonderful writer
on 3 December 2016
Beautifully written, very thought provoking; if you have ever visited Burma (Myanmar) this is a great book to take you straight back there.
on 16 December 2013
The characters were very well drawn. I did find the story floundered midway but I'm pleased I persevered. A story that will stay with me.
on 19 July 2017
A slow burner and a fascinating description of a totally different and a different way of life and a heartwarming love story at the heart of it