on 19 June 2013
Perfect for what I needed, just something small for the kitchen.
Great price for a great product.
Highly recommended item
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2013
Great sound, nice and compact, smart looking, great value for money, delivered on time. Would recommend this product, great for my kitchen whilst I cook as I can listen to music whilst I'm doing my laborious chores
0Comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 June 2013
I was very pleased with the item.
It is exactly what I was expecting and wanted.
I would recommend this product to anyone.
on 2 February 2014
I bought this CD player for my grandmother who is 85. It is a simple machine and generally not difficult to use. I have however had to put white stickers on to the CD buttons for her to see them as the buttons are quite small and difficult for her to see the button markings.
on 2 October 2013
Beware! It says it can play "....CD, CD-R and CD-RW. A single CD can store up to 10 hours of music....." but it can't. It only plays normal audio CDs (CD-DA) which are 70mins.
I emailed Philips & they confirmed it only plays CD-DA format audio CDs. Philips website says 10 hours too. This is the main reason I bought it as a gift (apart from the pink colour of course). To burn several albums onto a single CD-R disc. Now I can just burn 70mins of music onto a CD-R instead of the advertised 10 hours. Very disappointed. This is the link to Philips website [...] It is easy to use (for a 9 yr old). Sound is very good for a budget stereo. Not loud (1W) but it doesn't need to be. Radio & CD works well. I also played some tracks from my iPhone 4S thru this stereo via an audio-in cable which worked well. Cable is available from poundland
11 comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2015
I bought this because the CD player in my hi-fi died and I could not afford a new hi-fi. For under £30 I was not expecting a lot but I have been amazed by how good the player is, I have not tried the radio because my existing DAB is still working but see no reason why it should not be perfect.
on 27 October 2013
Does everything it says on the box. Great for moving room to room and using outside if needed. Great buy!
VINE VOICEon 19 October 2013
My girls (3 & 8) absolutely love it because it is pink and they can play music and audio CDs in their room now without asking to use someone's laptop ;)

The CD player is really basic but sturdy, with manual flap, you need to use your fingers to lift it but this is good, less chance they will break it.

The radio is FM not DAB with turning tuner, my older one likes to listen to Jazz FM and Classic FM and turning the tuner is a bit of challenge sometimes to get the sound clear... but not impossible. They had previously in the room DAB radio memorizing favourite stations so this is a bit of downgrade... but the possibility of listening to the CDs was more important.

The player has also audio-in socket to use it as speaker for MPs players. It works well but you will need your own cable to connect the two.

There is two tuners: one for radio, one for volume.

On both sides of the player there are also switches, one is to choose between FM, Audio-In, CD and Off. On the other side there is DBB (Dynamic Bass Boost) switch, with we confused for on and off buttons and we were wondering why the player was still on ;)
CD player has it's own controllers next to the flap.

The sound is also not too bad considering the price.
on 1 December 2013
This machine does not accept headphones!! What is the point of a kids music box if you can't plug headphones into it and stop the incessant noise. My granddaughter also wanted to listen to her stories in bed and needs headphones to stop her disturbing her brother. Had frankly assumed all music boxes accepted headphones but this is not the case so be aware! Having said that, initial reaction was favourable, nice sound, easy to use and carry. Only other concern would be that in battery mode you have to remember to switch it off otherwise it will gobble up 6 (yes six!) 1.5V LR14 batteries at £10 a go! Have returned this (excellent Amazon service as always, no quibble immediate collection) for another machine with headphone jack.
on 27 October 2015
This is the fourth Philips AZ105/05 Portable CD Player I've purchased. The first two were great (a pink one and a silver one), the third one (a black one) makes a high-pitch whine when it is not in operation but plugged in - not the end of the world, we simply unplug it when it's not in use. However, the fourth purchase (another silver one) has a major flaw in radio mode - every thirty seconds or so there is 1 second of white noise interference. This is obviously very very annoying and it means we effectively can't listen to the radio (the main reason we bought it!). The CD operation seems fine.
I live abroad and so the process of returning the item with the costs involved means it's not worth my time.
I expected better from Philips and Amazon, very disappointing.