on 13 May 2017
At the price, I was a little sceptical of this device. I needed a higher gain antenna so I could access my wireless router from my workshop at the bottom of a very long garden. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised. The antenna was pulling in signals from everywhere and my own
router was visible at full strength which, previously, I had only been able to receive quite poorly (2 or 3 bars) with my old Netgear dongle. It was easy to set up and I was up and running in 10 minutes. The only negative I have with this antenna was that after a day of use, my Windows 7 computer would keep reporting that the "USB device is not recognised". When I took down the antenna to check it out I removed and re-inserted the USB connection at the antenna end which did cure the problem. This may (or may not) indicate a loose or dry joint connection on the USB connector on this particular antenna. Maybe something to watch. A "no frills" but solid solution to poor wireless reception at a very reasonable price.
on 31 July 2017
With PCs it it brilliant. Plugged in. It worked. And is getting 5 bars on the signal at 200 meters from the house. It will not work with MAC 10.12 - and 10.12.6 now - system software. This means it WILL NOT WORK WITH AN APPLE MAC. Because if you are not using the latest Apple software operating system update, you should be given the amount of idiots there are online. Hopefully the suppliers will come up with a fix for the latest Apple Mac operating systems shortly.
on 13 August 2017
Poor instructions followed as best as I could it just doesn't seem to work, if your not an it bod don't bother
on 28 August 2016
Brilliant works well at the caravan very pleased
on 28 September 2016
Installed the drivers, plugged it in clamped it to a post and it picked up a signal 250 yads away about 228 meters to the young. It works a treat and I am connected writing this review. Very pleased.
on 16 September 2017
great
on 6 August 2017
Works very well
does exactly what is says it does
on 21 May 2014
Never believed it would work but reception is fantastic 300m from wifi source. Great gadget. Would recommend trying it out.
on 12 July 2015
This antenna does the job well, once you get it to work. The included mini-disc doesn't do what is described (very poorly) on the supplied leaflet, and the driver on the disc is not the correct one for the antenna model. But once we took everything to the friendly neighbourhood computer shop, we got the correct driver downloaded (in about an hour and a half!) and it all worked perfectly.