Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.89

on 7 November 2001
Finding myself the proud new owner of a hand-made Navajo pipe, I hunted around for some music to inspire me. It wasn't long before I came across the extraordinary works of R Carlos Nakai. If ever there was a pure stream of music straight from the gods, this is it. And if you're looking for something to drain away stress faster than melting snow on a hot carburettor, then you've found the right man. In a simple, fluid and soothingly resonant melodic line, Nakai draws you into his world of "inward musings and dreamscapes" inspired largely by ancient Anasazi and Sinagua sites in south-western USA. Using modern recording techniques to simulate the echoing ambience of canyons and valleys, Nakai exploits his extraordinary talent and innate spiritual sensitivities to full extent. Listen to this CD in the bath, in bed, while meditating or even while washing up, but whatever you do don't listen to it in the car. It's seriously mesmerising. Oh, and one more word of warning. Don't buy this CD if you're on a tight budget, because once you've listened to this twice, you'll want to buy the entire collection. Have a nice bath!
on 1 February 2010
I bought this CD to aid with my meditation and it is absolutely perfect.
The soothing sounds of the flute actually put me to sleep during one session. Not the effect I was aiming for, but it just goes to show how relaxing it really is.
I recommended it to my daughter who is a massage therapist, her clients love it!
If tranquillity is your aim them this CD is for you!
Its perfect!
on 16 July 2016
I very much love R. Carlos Nakai's music. However, don't download this album! It's a shame but 5 of the 17 tracks are damaged. You hear sharp clicks on track 8 (4:18), track 9 (0:15 and 2:41), track 11 (0:15) and track 12 (0:14).
on 5 February 2009
I first heard Nakai's work in the 80s and came across it on Amazon. Decided to get a copy and am glad I did. I play it in the background at work to keep things nice and mellow so I can cope with the bureaucracy of the NHS. Lovely.
on 26 June 2013
I heard this music and my hot stones therapist and it put me in another zone. I will be using it for meditation and expect it to be really helpful.
on 9 September 2012
Love this CD. If you want to lie back relax and float away with haunting melodies, this is the one to get.