on 2 August 2017
I made a comparison with an earlier Collins 1937; the pages and type of the earlier edition were in my view clearer and leather binding of better quality( T M Cooper Lord Advocate. This former version lacked the family geology tables however the previous owner had supplied details dating from 13th. September 1937 through to 12th. March 1975. The former had 4 coloured maps whereas the newer version had 6 black and white maps.. The former was the official Church of Scotland version the newer version is non denominational.
on 2 October 2017
The leather bonding on this Bible is excellent and feels very sturdy, this is a Bible designed to last a lifetime.

The text is an excellent size for myself and easily readable; my only criticism would be that there is some very slight bleedthrough of text, although nothing in comparison to some cheaper bibles I have purchased and subsequently returned.

The layout of the text is beautiful, there are no notes anywhere on the page but with the KJV text I find this an advantage as I can just concentrate on the text itself with no distraction.

I give this a 5/5 overall, it is by far my favourite Bible that I own. The KJV translation is beautifully poetic and will always stand the test of time.
on 24 March 2015
Very pleased with the book. Some reviewers criticized the Direct Access search, I nearly joined them but in fact, it does work very well. You have to follow the instructions absolutely though. I came unstuck by trying type the location abbreviations in Kindle's 'Go to' function. It doesn't work at all. However, I discovered that if you simply turn on the keyboard and type a reference as instructed, the 'find' option comes up and takes you straight there. You also have to locate to the beginning of the Bible to discover the full list of abbreviations for each book within the Bible. The job of finding a particular passage becomes quite simple then. So the key is, just type and don't use the Kindle 'Go to' function. It might have saved the publisher many negative reviews if that small but important point had been made in the first place! As for the content, it's as wonderful as it has been for thousands of years - no complaints!
on 21 January 2018
I wanted the KJV on Kindle so I didn't need to take bulky Bible to church. It's easy to locate book of Bible from contents and a specific verse but to jump to a later chapter it was impossible and I had to tap screen numerous times in order to get to chapter 10 by which time chutch reading was finished. Even my IT literate husband was unable to help. I now wish I'd done my homework and found a more Kindle friendly version of this great Bible .
on 7 June 2015
Great value for money (I got this for around £10) but as you would expect at the price point there are some quality issues. Generally its an acceptable quality bonded leather edition, gilt edge, no match for hodder and stoughton of course but then its at a fraction of the price. The text is quite fine and dense, and combined with the thin paper and the text bleeding though from the back of the page can make it difficult to read, not ideal if you have poor eye sight or bad lighting conditions, however it is generally legible.
I'm pleased with it and amazed at the price, its not perfect but for the money its a real bargain.
on 3 July 2017
First Class - King James ( not new King James ) keeps texts that have been removed from other sources. I trust it more.
Takes time to adjust to old English but well worth it
on 25 November 2016
Excellent, and it is the word of the Lord God. Writing is a bit small for me without my glasses though. Ive bought a few copies for family and friends. Makes a nice Christmas gift with the outer box it comes with. It protects it when not in use and it makes it easy to put in a book case.
on 15 April 2015
Brilliant reading and Great Bible especially to get such good quality for my Kindle App on my APPLE IPAD Air 2 for just 0.99p. Isn't God Good. I read it every night now cause its so much more easier to get on the App version as i just open it up read what i need to and Bookmark it then when i am finished i just close the App then carry on doing whatever else i need to on the IPAD. One of the great things about having the IPAD and the convenience of simply opening my Bible without reaching for a big book and having to flick through pages. This Bible deserves more than 5 Stars. Now i have God on the go and no excuses not to read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 May 2016
Lovely bible with a nice box to keep it safe in.
The pages are very very thin, and I'm a bit worried of tearing them, but they're holding up. The language is so poetic and to me, is what should be read in church. Forget trying to get the Youth involved by modernising the language, teach them the old way and they'll soon learn to love the movement of it, and how to speak in a way that doesn't sound ridiculous.
on 19 March 2016
If you love your bible, or if you are reading it for the first time, this is an excellent starting point. I think it is important to have more than 1 version, this is very traditional, known by most Christians and used in many churches.