on 26 June 2013
I bought this adapter for a special research and development communications project. It works great straight out of the package, Windows immediately recognized it and installed the drivers as expected. It's fast and does the job very efficiently as you would expect. This device might be larger than the Apple equivalent adapter but is does the job well and seems much faster data through put than that of the Apple adapter; size may be dictated by the ASIX AX88179 chip which as 68 pins and peripheral components hence the speed and ability at the cost of just a slightly larger adapter? This is a good value high speed USB 3 to Ethernet adapter.
on 22 February 2018
Plugged in to my ASUS X551CA laptop and worked straight away. Previously had done a backup to my NAS using a direct Ethernet cable connection from the laptop's inbuilt Ethernet adapter. It took 53minutes and 4 seconds to complete. Using this adapter plugged in to the USB3 connector, the same backup now only took 9 minutes 59 seconds. This laptop is on Windows 10 Build 16299.248.
on 6 March 2018
I don't normally write reviews but thought I must with this. First of all delivery no issues and well packaged. Took 2 days to arrive. Now technically I bought this to try and solve the awful wifi issues I have on my mini android projector. I'd never heard of these adaptors so thought I'd give one ago. Plugged it into a homeplug and into a usb on my projector and would you believe worked first time. Streamed a football game with no glitches and 1080p video ..im made up and not easily pleased..thanks
on 15 September 2017
Ok, so I've only been using this for two hours(!) but I thought I'd pop a quick review to help fellow customers.

I can confirm it works straight out of the box with no configuration needed with Raspberry Pi3 and Debian Jessie.I simply shut my Pi down plugged it in booted back up and voila! Raspbian showed a new network card (eth1). Sweet. Yet to workout exactly what speed it's running at but it's faster than the on-board eth0 (which is 10/100). It will be limited to the USB 2.0 bus speed of 480 mbps.
on 2 June 2017
This was an excellent buy
fantastic quick delivery
on 17 September 2017
Plug and play with Linux and Windows boxes. Very handy. Provides Gigabit speeds on USB3.0. Good product.
on 13 April 2015
Good Solid Product, plugged in to my laptop but not recognised on my W7 enterprise 64b SP1. Pointing to the driver CD supplied with the USB Ethernet adaptor worked fine though.
Adaptor worked great allowing me to connect to my company network and configure devices on a private LAN at the same time.
on 2 February 2018
Bought this one explicitly because someone said it worked with FreeBSD; looks like there was a different chipset used in models sold before September 2016 — went from Atheros, IIRC, to Realtek — so this actually _doesn't_ work with FreeBSD. At least, that's what I can infer from the driver downloads page.
on 16 February 2015
Using this with a Toshiba Chromebook. Didn't need any drivers for it, was instantly recognized and worked out of the box.
It gives me the same speed as any of the ethernet adapters in my other PCs.

Very pleased with it.
on 30 December 2014
Now that I have 162 mbit broadband, I needed this as my laptop network card only manages 100mbit. This lets me use my Virgin cable broadband to it's full potential for very little cost. Just plug & play with no need for drivers.