on 4 March 2013
I have now had my W700 for 4 days and can honestly say I have hardly put it down since it arrived. Being an IT Professional I have owned or had in my possession many bits of IT kit, but nothing has impressed me quite like this. I honestly think that devices like this are a game changer.

I have been sceptical of Windows 8 since it was announced, and having only used it on traditional laptop devices found it to be a chore to use. Using it on a touchscreen device though really brings out the best in it, and once you learn some of the little nuances (such as getting a proper on screen keyboard)it really is good.

So, to the device itself.

Pros
+ Boot up is extremely fast, usual boot time from shutdown is around 2.5 seconds, from sleep around 1.5 second. Even following a reboot following a pretty hefty Windows Update session it only took around 55 seconds to boot.

+ The blurb promises a 7 hour battery life, and it delivers it. Despite me not being able to put it down I have only had to charge it a couple of times since I got it.

+ The screen is amazing. Crisp, clear and bright. Responsiveness is just as impressive, click on the screen and it responds immediately and accurately. The screen makes HD movies come alive, full 1080p content looks amazing. SD content looks good too.

+ The case it is delivered with is good and sturdy. The inbuilt keyboard is comfortable to use, however my left shift key seems to have an issue, but I am pretty sure that this is more than likely an isolated issue that I will take up with Acer.

+ Having owned an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 you can't underestimate the advantage of having the power of a full computer in a portable tablet format.

Cons

- When compared to the iPad and similar devices, this is a bit more heavy.

- There is a slight (and I mean slight) fan noise when the device is under a workload, which for me is not a problem, but it may be for others

- The keys on the keyboard could do with a little more travel

- The 128Gb disk is not really enough, I am just waiting for a nano sized 128Gb pen drive to appear on the market. Having installed Windows and Office 2013 there is around 87Gb left.

All in all it's an amazing package, for a very reasonable price (£654 at the time of purchase), when compared with the 128Gb iPad it seems a steal! Even the Microsoft Surface Pro, with a projected cost of £8-900 would have a hard time competing against this fantastic little device.

Highly Recommended!
22 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 September 2013
Fast, easy to use, worked right out of the box and even the battery life is nearly as good as advertised, what is there not to like, well apart from having to get used to Windows 8.
It is a shame the camera cannot be used from within the case, but I can live with that as I didn't buy it for the camera, that was just an added bonus in my eyes. Using it for things like Skype it is fantastic, the biggest problem is my wife keeps using it so I get less use than I would like from it.
I bought it to run photoshop and Lightroom and it copes very well with either program and I can even use it as a remote for my DSLR through lightroom so it has added benefits when I am out taking pictures.
I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family.
on 5 May 2014
Its not a tablet but its not a laptop. All the benefits of a tablet, small, instant start, touchscreen, but with a laptop sized CPU and SSD. Its a little heavy if you compare it to an Ipad or other tablet, but it runs full fat Windows 8 (not my favourite) and as such you can load anything you want onto it. Add to that a full sized USB 3 port and you can add a multitude of devices. I have added a USB hub to it and am running a USB/Network cable and USB/serial port off it with no problems.
on 28 November 2013
It looks great and does the basics fine. I'm not going to blame ACER for Win8 drawbacks, but there is a serious issue accessing the USB port at high speed when the processor is under load. I have a wireless USB keyboard mouse and there is serious lag. It makes simple navigation with an external mouse rather fiddly, but its not a show stopper.

The keyboard shipped with it is terrible, but the case/stand is great. The screen is also beautiful, and I have had no problems with battery life. Honestly though, for value for money I wish I had bought an Ultrabook as I hardly ever use the touch screen unless I travel. And then I could easily have used a touchpad mouse on an ultrabook to select movies/internet etc!
on 29 March 2013
I've used the tablet for couple of days and it works like it should. Windows 8 is nice OS if you just bother to learn how to use it. I own two android tablets and they are nice for casual use but mobile oriented operating systems just are restrictive. That was before now because W8 is nice hybrid OS for mobile use and for office use. This tablet has the new 3370 1,8Ghz processor or at least mine had + keyboard case. I like the case - keyboard is responsive and it doesn't feel too cramped. Battery life is good. I think it last about 6 hrs when using intensive programs and in casual use it lasts longer.
on 18 June 2015
Very good, fast and stylish. Don't forget to ask for Win Pro if you want to use remote desktop. I forgot!
Touch Screen is very clear. This may be superseded but look out for bargains.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 December 2014
cool tablet and it seem old now because technology grow fast but still good enough. it come with physical keyboard which i dont like at all, it is nor clicky and really flat
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 May 2013
This is a good sized tablet, the speed is excellent. It comes with a case/keyboard that doubles as a stand. Some of the Windows 8 apps are pretty defunct like Amazon, Ebay etc as to do anything more than search it redirects you to the browser so why not start with the browser?
But I'd recommend the tablet to anyone.
on 16 April 2014
to heavy for a tablet and the screen feels clumsy, nice as a pc though but over priced just for this
on 8 September 2013
Compact, easy to use, no problems setting up, it was so easy, that after one week we were trying to swipe icons on a windows 7 computer.
Portable, decent battery life and the keyboard included in the cover is perfectly acceptable, meeting all our needs