Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 May 2013
this was yet another great saxon record released smack in the middle of the 90s when traditional metal was totally dead, first off IT IS NOT JOE GEESIN FROM RECORD COLLETERS FAULT but I noticed on the inlay here that it states this record originally came out in august 1995, not true this came out in January or February 1995, I remember all to well as I bought this as soon as I could get my hands on this as I still to this day do with any new saxon release, also graham to my shock at the time was fired by saxon in early 95 before the dogs of war tour started in the spring of 95 in the uk and Europe only, dogs of war was another saxon record like forever free was saxon had no us deal at this time and by 95 saxon had not played here in the us since the awful destiny 1988 tour, anyway I felt this was a stronger record then forever free even though I had loved forever free as I stated in that review, this album had even more power and more punch to it with yet another killer title track but also very few boring filler songs like burning wheels, don't worry, big twin rolling, walking through Tokyo and demolition alley are just timeless awesome songs that you don't just forget about, you can endlessly find yourself singing these songs to your self like you can anything from wheels of steel, strong arm of the law or denim and leather, the guitar work between Quinn and oliver smokes on here, this is a totally blown out record by saxon that at the time sadley got overlooked because of the whole 90s scene and all that had changed by 1995, saxon where still holding there ground and putting out REAL CLASSIC OLDSCHOOL SOUNDING HEAVY METAL RECORDS when most other bands did not or could not, even accept ended up sounding like crap during this era so once again SAXON stayed true to there small but loyal fan base at this time, of coarse there was no us tour for this at all but I had this cd and by mid 1996 eagle has landed part 2 was released but that is another story, thanx again to joe geesin for the great liner notes and the interview with biff, this is a very bittersweet record for me to this day as ive been a saxon fan since 1981 and when I bought this cd within a month I would hear oliver got the boot wich came as a real shock to me at this time, I honestly felt saxon where on a very bad downward spiral when graham was fired but fortunatally by the early 00s saxon picked up again in popularity and all us fans ended up embracing doug scarret best when unleash the beast was issued in 97 ( another monster saxon record) so by now 2013 saxon seem to be back where they where in the early 80s with a strong fan base in Europe, the uk and even here in the us, I must say as a fan of 32 years that I got the hm thunder movie by saxon on dvd ( a must own if you are a real saxon fan)and dobbys sacking was clearly explained in the movie as to why he got fired back in 1986 I heard both Saxons side and steve explained his side in that movie, I did hear in 1995 that saxon had fired graham because he put out the live at donnington show as a bootleg cd without informing the band but I could never confirm that, oddly enough even today in the internet age and in the hm thunder movie biff explains why oliver was fired over the donnington boot but oddly enough in that film graham does not seem to defend himself against those accusations so for the life of me I don't think I will ever fully understand why he got canned like he did but it was many years ago now and im still loving saxon more then ever and im hoping for a us tour later this year for there 2013 release sacrifice, saxon just keep getting better with age................................ thanx again joe geesin for your interview with biff and the work you put into the liner notes.............
on 21 July 2014
It is a little-known cd of this band which shows a degree of evolution of the same with respect to their latest cd and highly recommended addition this edition comes with two bonus live track of that time
on 1 August 2014
This is not my favorite of all the saxon albums, even tough it is still very good. Some of the tracks are a bit to slow for my liking, but some people may find them better due to this fact!
on 9 July 2016
Great if you are a Saxon fan
on 17 May 2015