on 31 August 2014
On the plus side: this is my third day of wearing and it has very definitely helped with my lower back pain, which I've had for a fortnight, now. In this respect, it has done a lot more than the 2 different prescriptions I've had so far.

On the minus side: as many people have mentioned (and why, I might ask, aren't the manufacturers / sellers responding to this?) there are no instructions. So I'm not 100% sure if I'm wearing it the right way up or not, or how long it's recommended to wear the brace (either daily or long-term; for the record, I wear it constantly until bedtime). There are not even any washing instructions on the item itself, so I'd recommend a thin t-shirt - at least - to be worn underneath the brace. My main bug-bear, however, is the design of the thing. The 'inner' part is non-stretchy and does up with Velcro. Fair enough. But then the outer, stretchy part Velcros ON TOP OF the area that's already Velcroed (from THE SAME DIRECTION), and it soon starts to pull at the lower Velcroed area so that it becomes 'corrugated' and starts to lift at the edge - thereby you have a one inch protuberance poking directly out from your midriff, which looks plain weird, even in looser clothing. I think only the wearing of a pair of sturdy Simon Cowell style high-waisted jeans would disguise this! I've found - to keep things flat and to stop the top section from starting to pull the brace apart - you have to wear a reasonably wide ordinary belt directly over the brace. If the top section did up from the opposite side to the lower section, however, it would be case solved! Amazon, it would be really useful to be able to upload photos on these reviews (like on Tesco Direct).

Size-wise, I'm a size 16 have a 38 inch waist and the Large fitted fine. 'Cheers' to the reviewer who quipped that Large would fit a hippo! Grrr.
33 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2017
I've used quiet a few back supports and find that by far this one is the best. My only tip is to make sure you by a size larger than you think you need so you get good wrapping around your waist.
on 27 January 2015
Is OK . I have a tiny frame , and felt this tight .. but also very hard to sit down while wearing , and after 4 days , I gave up ... I think if you need to stand for a while it may help , but other then that , I dont ... Seems to cause more pain and was a releif to remove it .
on 16 August 2017
Brilliant , I bought 3 of these altogether my chiropractor charges about three time as much for these
on 15 May 2017
Helped me correct my posture at work and relieved some of my back pain
on 16 June 2017
Fantastic! Degenerative Spinal Disease. Helps support me when needed
on 19 October 2015
My husband had a lower back operation years ago. Lately, he has a little bit pain again. I was expecting a lot from this belt, but unfortunately it did not help my husband. He still have the same pain.
on 11 May 2017