on 9 August 2013
I went with my daughter to see this film at the cinema - which was mostly occupied with females that night! We really enjoyed the film as it was funny and very light hearted, but will not go down as a classic as the content is a bit weak and the ending a bit predictable. I purchased it for our collection of girlie films, suitable for a rainy Sunday afternoon of light entertainment!
2 people found this helpful
on 16 April 2014
When I saw names like Minnie Driver and Simon Baker, I expected a quality movie. Esquire magazine is quoted as calling it an "outstanding British comedy". I would say that 'outstanding British rubbish' would be a more apt description. My advice - don't waste your money.
3 people found this helpful
on 26 June 2013
A modern funny comedy. I found this funny at the cinema, so funny i bough it on DVD too. This is a great cheery film that will cheer you up if your in need of a funny film!
Def recommend it !
on 15 July 2013
Humorous and easy going, this film is a nice way to enjoy an evening with friends, but not a great 'oeuvre'. Just accept it for what it is and you'll come away having had a good night in with some popcorn, even if not raving that it's a must-see
on 29 June 2013
So many negative reviews. I guess it is a little smutty, but I found it to be hilarious. Definitely adding this to my collection. Some very good lines and a stellar ensemble cast.
on 16 April 2015
A thoroughly distasteful film described as a romantic comedy. It's nothing more than a collection of poor taste scenes and bad language with an improbable story line. The younger generation will probably love it - I'm a pensioner and hated it! Only stuck with it to the end to find out what happened and guess what - the ending was just as improbable as the rest of the film.
3 people found this helpful
on 16 August 2013
I was not sure that I would like this film as there is some strong language at the beginning but it was hilarious and I have watched it a couple of times which is unusual for me as I generally only watch a film once
on 28 July 2013
Fun film which was very good and I enjoyed it very much
The acting and the script were up to it and I will watch it again
Well done to the leads and ensemble
on 11 July 2013
Enjoyable to watch and passes the time pleasantly.
The outcome is very predictable but still worth a watch, therefore take your pick and try it
on 19 April 2015
I'd never heard of this film till I stumbled across it late one night on TV. It's quite clear from the packaging what to expect so I wasn't expecting anything other than a rom-com. But this rom-com provides a continuous flow of laugh-out-loud dialogue and many more subtle moments of humour. There are some great cameo performances and who cares if the situations are cliches and the storyline predictable? You don't watch films like this for a great cultural experience. For entertainment value it's great and the writing is a cut above the usual rom-com screenplay. I've watched it again recently with a few friends and a couple of bottles of wine. It's a long time since I've laughed as much.