on 15 March 2013
Like many others have already done, I nearly purchased this book thinking it was the third instalment to the Sanctus series. In fact it is merely the third quarter of the first complete book - which I read some time ago. What is the point in re-releasing a book in four separate parts? It wasn't War and Peace and I cannot imagine why anyone would want to read Sanctus in pathetically short bursts. The only conclusion I have come to is that it's a quest to generate more revenue from the book. I note that the same has been done with the second book "The Key". Do not be fooled.
on 1 March 2013
I have received this book today, having preordered it. I am 21% of the way through and have this dreadful feeling of deja vu - I have read it all before. I think it is part of book 1 but without further research cannot be sure. I have just checked book 4, also received today, and that is also part of book 1, both are being sent back
on 7 March 2013
I purchased this and Part 4, which were only released on Kindle on 28th February 2013, believing them to be the final parts of the trilogy. Having had the first two books for quite some time I was very disappointed to find that I had wasted my money on what is effectively the last two thirds of book one, split up into two separate books. What is going on here? I had already bought the first book in it's complete form.Why on earth would they split it up and sell it again in installments? I really felt cheated!
on 22 July 2013
Well,,,,where do I begin.It was the same as the first book.No different at all.I thought " Am I going mad,Ive just read this book and its not moved on".Very strange.Never come across anything like it at all.Who is he trying to kid.
on 14 March 2013
Spoilt by reading The key first. Availability post dates availability of The Key. Please make sure books are in sequence.
on 21 June 2013
This book contained excerpts from the Sanctus book and, having read Sanctus first it was a waste of time and money.
on 14 May 2014
parts 1 and 2 were free and excellent but part free although cheap only gave me a map [too small to see on my Kindle] and 2 quotes from Genesis. what's that all about? Should I bother paying more for part 4 to see how the story pans out?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2013
This book held my attention right to the end. I'll be looking for more of Simon Toyne's books. It was really atmospheric and I could visualise all that was happening because of the good description all the way through.
on 14 June 2013
such a good story it comes alive, again I could not wait to be able to read some more, really cant put it down but you do need to read the first and second to be able to really follow the threads. Simon Toyne keeps you on edge for the finale cannot wait to finish it BUT then what do I do ?????
on 10 June 2013
Loved this sory. originally got first two parts as free kindle edition, clever idea, as couldn't wait to find out what happened, so ended up buying parts three and four. It's escapism really, so good if you like that sort of thing, not so good if you're the type of person who likes to pick holes in sci-fi.