on 24 July 2016
Over a year after I lost weight, I was feeling pleased with myself for keeping it off. However, I was not happy. Why? Because me keeping the weight off was coming at a price: calorie counting everything, exercising everyday (so I could have dessert at the end of it...), weighing myself every week (and feeling disappointed if the number has gone up) and - if I ever allowed myself a lunch out- I would not enjoy it, as I'd opt for low cal, low fat options. It was time for a shift and this book allowed me to ditch all of those silly habits!!! At last, I'm not obsessing about food, calories and weight and feel free.
Four stars, rather than five only b/c I think this book is helpful for people who have already lost weight and are stuck in the old, unnatural ways of thinking about food. I worry, for those who still want to shed some, this book could become another way of "dieting", and after listening to your body / eating only when physically hungry, they could still have their ups and downs and binges deciding to "eat whatever after depriving themselves".
on 21 March 2016
I absolutely loved this book!
I'm a notorious serial dieter, and where I made the move from calorie and carb restrictions to clean and wholesome foods about a year ago, there were still restrictions, binges (small and less small) and the feeling of constantly being in a battle with myself, my desires for food and a size smaller, and food itself.
It's a revelation to read this book! It all makes so much sense!
I literally have just finished reading, and have applied the suggestions only for two days, but already I feel so much more in control.
Oh and I had my porridge for dinner. Because I really, really wanted to.
review image
on 11 April 2016
I don't think I've ever written a review for anything I've purchased over the past decade (?) of ordering off Amazon. But I had to for this book.
It has completely changed my perception and outlook on food. I have a good twenty years of dieting experience under my belt and have literally tried everything short of weight loss surgery: whole30, keto, weight watchers, slim fast, 5:2, shakeology...

When I first started reading this book I was actually angry thinking about the decades I've wasted vacillating between binging and starving.

It never dawned on me that I could have my cake and eat it too both without gaining weight or hating myself afterward.

I have urged everyone I know to read this book. My husband is reading it now and also really enjoying it - so it's not just a book for women!
on 17 July 2015
A chance to escape the torture of low-carb, no- carb, calorie-counting, fasting, points-counting, red-day/green-day madness of dieting forever. It works
UPDATE: One month in, one dress size down with minimum of fuss, hunger and food fixation
on 21 October 2015
Wow. I got this book after looking for a good diet book on Amazon. Saw that this had excellent reviews and thought really? I'm excited to get this... And oh my days!

I recommend this book to anyone who whines or worries about food making them fat! I did and have done ever since I was a child and noticed that I was bigger than my friends.

Now I get annoyed when anyone moans about food making them fat or they just can't seem to lose weight, I immediately say they have to read this book.

Mentally I feel free and not restricted anymore! I just look at food as food to eat when I'm hungry and not to eat because the clock says I should be because it's lunch time or because I'm watching the TV.

I have lost Half a stone in 3 months and believe I am eating exactly what I want, when I want it. If it's calorific food I feel fuller for longer, if it's healthy food I feel better.

If you want to be emotionally stress free from food and dieting this book is for you! It has changed my life and mentality around food for the better! It will be the best thing you buy!
on 23 June 2017
This book is fantastic in how it talks about how ineffective and damaging dieting is and makes a lot of beneficial points, but the one thing I didn't like about this book is that it puts a LOT of emphasis on being 'thin' or' 'skinny' when I don't think this should be the goal for people who have had an unhealthy relationship with food or poor body image not to mention every healthy body shape is different and not every is built to be skinny, the goal should be developing a healthy relationship with food first above all else. So even though there were a lot of amazing points in this book, and Hunger directed Eating has changed the way I look at food, I came away from reading this book a little bit too fixated on being skinny which I don't think is healthy. I highly recommend 'Fat is a Feminist Issue' by Susie Orbach which was the first book I read and really focuses developing a healthy way of relating to food rather than losing weight.
on 6 April 2015
What can I say that hasn't already been said? This makes great sense. I can't say I'm always very good at working out when I've had enough. Lets just say its a work in progress. One things for sure, though, diets really don't work long-term and its long-term that we should be thinking about. Have yourself a great read. Here's to the new you!
on 9 March 2017
Ive tried ALL diets. This proves they don't work and gives you advice on what does. Starting doing what she recommends and Ive lost 15lbs in two months.
on 21 August 2015
I don't even know where to begin with this one! Let's just say it changed my life over night. All it takes is a different perspective to transform your relationship with food. Yes this takes a little practice but for someone who has battled bulimia for 10 years and broke the habit in the space of 3 days... I can't thank the author enough for this little miracle of a book. Such simple psychology yet so easily overlooked. The best money I ever spent.
on 26 July 2016
good product arrived as described