on 24 May 2013
I've enjoyed all the series so far and gave this one 5 instead of 6 stars only because some readers may find the plot a little predictable, however, don't be put off as there is usually a little twist to the tales and have a good element of humour. The characters are likeable, even grumpy old Joe who owns and runs a café somewhere in Yorks (my imagination tells me it could be between Wakefield and Doncaster).
Having been born and bred in Yorkshire, I love the accuracy of the locations of the club's many outings, which makes it easy to visualise.
This tale takes us not far from Joe's café. Poor old love starved Joe thinks he's found someone at last and persuades one of his employees/best friends to ask the lady in question to join him and his 3rd age club on the Valentine's outing. Of course, after a good start, things don't go according to plan.
If you like mysteries that are 'comfortable' without the usual gratuitous violence, then you will enjoy this.
on 14 June 2013
This is a thoroghly enjoyable read. Loved everything about it. I have read a few books by this author and enjoyed every one of them. The characters are real and down to earth. I could not guess who the killer was. Very well plotted and well witten.
After I finished reading it I was still enjoying the memory of it for a couple of days. The humour is so well done.
What I want to know is - how can I join the Sanford 3rd Age Club? They are my kind of people.
on 9 May 2015
I am finding this series is deteriorating. The relentless harping on about Joe's grumpiness and the cliched incompetence of the police is getting tedious.
on 12 November 2014
Always fantastic, just love these Sanford third age club books. A really good read and would highly recommend to anyone
on 18 May 2018
I liked the 12 chapters of this book but, I did not get the end chapters of the book. I just had to guess the end.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 17 November 2015
Very pleased with this book
on 12 April 2013
I would recomend this book and the writers other books to any one who enjoys a light read thats not too boged down Only wished he could write quicker ,
on 31 August 2013
I always enjoy this series easy reading but always ready to turn the page thank you David W Robinson. JOYCE donn
on 27 September 2013
Cannot wait till there are more books written in this series as I found them very enjoyable even if a little on the short size.
on 31 December 2014
entertaining light reading nothing strenuous
nice characters main characters well built