on 2 March 2013
The book is great, however if you have read the earlier book "french children don't throw food" I wouldn't bother, as repeats much of the material.
on 11 April 2013
Having really enjoyed Pamela's first book this one is a complete waste of money. Very dissapointed. Not worth buying. I just found it wasn't enough and of course having read the first book this feels that's its not needed and it wasn't cheap.
on 13 January 2015
I loved reading this when pregnant but found it a bit strange to put into practice. I felt a bit as though once I had my baby of course he was as equal as any adult... where as the advice in this is some what adults are separate to children. Where as any Mum know a baby is another part of you! Not separate at all!
Some of the advice is great. I like the attitude they have of supporting Mother's with their own decisions as their own people and on healthy relationships between parents. The recipes and the concentration of a good diet.
on 12 January 2015
If you've read "French Children Don't Throw Food" you will recognise most of this book. It is a digest of the book in handy points. As I'd already given my copy of the original book away, I was happy to have this digest. I think I will keep it for a bit to use as reference in the future. I like the sample menus of French creches and recipes; it really is a gourmet menu.
on 31 July 2014
This is a poor digest of the real book: French Children Don't Throw Food (which is a British-ised version of the original), and unfortunately lacks the entire discussion, proof, anthropological observations etc. It's there to poorly maximise the income of the (TALANTED) author, but not so much the experience of the reader.
on 12 May 2015
Sort of a repetition of the first book. So do not read this one just after the other. But as a reminder if a year or more have passed since you read the first book, it is a funny tool, worth having it.
on 9 May 2013
I am thoroughly enjoying reading this book as each chapter, or page, is another parenting tip. For a busy Mum, this makes it more than reasonable to read! And the techniques are easy to put into practice. I am enjoying the reciepes too!
on 17 August 2014
If you have read French children don't throw food, then this is disappointing as it is the same book repeated! Buy that one instead- it's funny, interesting and refreshing after all the whispering/ Gina-ing etc in other books!
on 25 August 2014
Excellent book you can dip in and out of. Friends and family bought me various parenting books (I don't know why she bothers, Keep calm The new mum's manual) and this is the one I prefer. Probably because it doesn't tell you what to do. It simply describes what middle class French mothers do. For most of it I find it a sensible way of raising children. I just bought it for a friend of mine who is expecting her first child. She liked it very much too.
on 28 April 2013
This book is a useful reference book for readers of Pamela's 'French Children Dont throw food' who want to quickly reread inspiring chapters in a condenced form.
Pamela has an engaging, interesting and easy to read writing style.