on 19 June 2017
I read a book every 3 days tops!this one is two weeks and 50%done!will I finish?the other reviews made me buy it.love FORTEAN stuff.this is pants!nick pope is great!nick pope is great!nick pope is great!this book is not!spelling mistakes!lost count!dead links?almost all are dead and why do we need a link for a photo!!thought it had potential especially due to reviews but NOT!!!!read john keel.Jacques vallee or anything else!may I suggest nick pope!!!ha!
on 7 February 2016
Have read over many years books AND ARTICLES about anomalous UFO sightings and allied subjects and found that Pat Regan's book added very much to my knowledge of the vast amount of sightings that are occurring all over the world, apparently all of the time. Many such are not reported for the obvious reasons of fear of ridicule and public censure.
However, Pat does not care about this and, to his credit, has stood his ground and baldly reported what is there to be reported.
An excellent book, deserved to be widely read, I think.
on 16 April 2013
Ideally, I would have liked to have given this book a rating of 3.5 stars because there were sections of the book that were (to be honest) just about OK. I must confess that I did get a bit fed up of seeing Nick Pope's name so often and thought that Pat's attack on wind farms was unwarranted in a book about the UFO phenomenon. In fairness to Pat, he was trying (i think) to make the point that if Governments can deliberately mislead the public about the "benefits" of wind farms and ignore the detrimental effect they have on the environment...they can obviously manage to "cover up" the truth about UFOs in UK airspace.

My own view is that Governments deliberately play down all UFO reports...not because they know what they are...but precisely because they don't !!! Can you imagine the reaction if the UK Government (or any other Government for that matter) suddenly announced that some UFOs were real, solid objects; that they had no idea where they were coming from or what they were capable of doing...and (more importantly) that they were completely powerless to stop them entering their sovereign airspace ??? The "loss of face" would mean political suicide for the Government making such an announcement. So they ignore the issue completely.

There were other sections of Pat's book, however, which were really, really interesting. Most of the sightings referred to in the book are modern i.e within the last decade and this was a definite "plus" as far as I was concerned...and the fact that Pat has focused (primarily) on UK sightings was an extra bonus. Too many books on the UFO phenomenon focus on events in the USA.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and thought it represented value for money.
on 27 July 2014
a great read with some really good research on the subject for those interested in ufo's etc. thanks Pat Regan. Spoilt for me only by the numerous typo's and spelling mistakes. I have read two similar books downloaded onto my recently aquired kindle with the same problem. aliens by 'AY' is appaling in this regard.
on 13 April 2014
A brilliant read and on a topic I find fascinating having had first hand encounters of my own in the Channel Island some years ago.
on 4 February 2013
I found Mr Regan's book "UFO: The search for truth" a very informative read.
The book is not overhyped, seems to be well researched,provides great insights
and invites us to think deeply on this ever present subject.
His book poses and answers some great questions,but leaves you wanting more.
With his own experience and research Mr Regan has put together a great book,
that at times was hard to put down.

A must read
V Harrop
on 12 March 2014
For me to many reports into sightings etc.
Became tedious.
Book should have been condensed to hold readers attention and enable the important message to be got across.

The message within this work is extremely important to mankind. We must wake up now and stop acting like a bunch of savages.

Keep up the good work but try and be a we bit more precise don't overdo the evidence.

Terry.
on 12 June 2013
A well constructed book with lots of extremely personal & enjoyable experiences related by the author which give well thought out information & common sense opinions to age old questions man has been trying to answer for generations. Once you pick this book up it is impossible to put down. A superb reading experience from start to finish!!. I will be looking for much more of this author's work
on 30 December 2014
I purchased this recently and I’m extremely happy with my buy. What a fantastic Book. This book Mr Pat Regan has wrote is very well researched, informative and intriguing. It has ignited my curiosity and interest in the subject. If you have an interest in this subject or are just curious i would definitely recommend you buy this book.
on 11 October 2013
Good info, the world is conned by a limited history of 2000 years or so, no one listens to the facts of recent man's history of 20000 years or so which is wiped from daily info, mankind is weak in government controlling what we know purely for finance and power. If we make the next 500 years we will laugh at our present narrow minded view of earth. More books need putting into current press, the UK has nothing in the press of books like this or you tubes info on ofos. The whole planet needs dragging out of the cave before some religious fool of any persuasion ruins the planet before we have the ability to go elsewhere