on 4 December 2015
Really enjoyed reading this. I liked the way it drew on recent history and older faery folklore to create a compelling read - I found it unputdownable. Can't wait for Book 2.

But it could have used a really good proofreader. There were a lot of run-on sentences (grammatically incorrect) and the author needs to learn the difference between "discrete" and "discreet".
on 28 August 2017
one of the most readable books in my library. I have re-read it many times, and I never tire of its excellent story line , characters and atmosphere.
Let alone the historical links and connections , I really really really want EWB 2, 3 4 5 etc etc etc.
I've done most SciFi, Fantasy and all their variations , this is a real star !!
on 2 June 2017
Most Si fi has copied other stories but I be live this to be unique. A well told story of fairies at war with humans and Moseley invisible to the population of Britain.
on 21 September 2017
This book is not my type of fantasy - Tom Holt, Terry Pratchett - but it did keep me reading to the end. Even so, it was well written but with a few too many characters for my liking.
on 24 May 2017
Has the next one come out yet?
on 9 February 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, not my usual choice of reading material however, I took advantage of the Kindle Countdown offer and I am glad I did, as the character D is really charismatic and reminded me of the modern day Sherlock. As for the story, put it like this: I was standing on a underground platform yesterday and got goosebumps. More please!
on 11 July 2015
Some brilliant ideas, but appallingly presented. Leaving aside the terrible editing, the biggest problem is that the author has the language sophistication of a 14 year old submitting a creative writing essay for their school course work.
But, as I said, some truly great ideas kept it as an enjoyable read.
on 20 November 2013
Couldn't put this book down. I didn't find it humorous more disturbing than anything else. If you know about missing people in the UK then a story like this has a lot to build on (250,000 a year go astray with around 25,000 never being found).
on 6 October 2014
I'll start by saying that this isn't a bad book - in fact, I rather enjoyed it. The concept is neat and the pacing well-managed. I finished the whole thing, which I wouldn't usually do when a book displays the problem this one does:

Horrendous production values.

The author has an idiosyncratic approach to punctuation. A less generous person might call it disastrous. Or abysmal. Or just plain wrong. If I were generous I would say that he understands that full stops go at the end of sentences, but alas, there are many sentences sadly lacking their final dot. And then there are the random changes of type face and line spacing throughout. On occasion, the author can't even keep the spelling of a character's name straight (is the train driver called Gail or Gayle?).

All of this could have been dealt with by an editor. It's insulting to readers to present them with such an unfinished document and demand money for it. Dear F.R. Maher, do please engage someone literate to sort out your manuscript before you present it to the public next time.
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 December 2014
The story was excellent, but the grammar was atrocious. This needs a decent editor as the poor grammar occasionally takes you out of the story.

The shotgun approach to the comma could definitely be improved!