Customer reviews

Venice: Italy Heaven Guide
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 27 June 2017
We have now been to Venice 5 times during which we have amassed a library of different guides. I have to say this one is head and shoulders above the rest. It is packed with new details we just hadn't seen before. The walks are the easiest to follow and very different from the rather boring ones in the other guides. Excellent book and I would say a must have for anyone coming for the first (or sixth) time.
on 11 June 2017
Excellent advice
on 18 September 2016
Great guide. Great ideas & some hidden gems.
on 30 May 2015
on my first solo trip abroad, this was my bible. its very good and simple to use. the directions are spot on. the costings have changed a little but everything is still pretty accurate.
on 1 April 2015
Very pleased
on 5 May 2014
We went to Venice for a 4 day break and wanted a handy guide to use there. This book turned out to be a good buy as we used it constantly.
on 20 February 2014
Very easy to carry around and plenty of useful information on places to see and observe. will keep as a momento of my visit
on 29 October 2013
On the whole, an informative guide, but one which would have been immeasurably improved by the addition of some maps and photographs. I would also have happily exchanged the seemingly endless references to places to eat for more information about the sites that matter.
on 24 October 2013
It is a well written book, the index gives you very quickly an idea what to look for. I miss images as I am an extremely visual person.
For that reason I may not recommend book as a travel guide you bring with you but certainly it informs you very well of history and culture in Venice
on 22 April 2013
We used this in Venice. It was easy to carry on Kindle. It was very helpful both before and during our visit.

There is no index, but a very detailed list of contents. It can take up to a minute to start looking from scratch, but the detailed description of rooms of museum exhibits and architectural details of buildings was just what we looked for. It is best to do the looking up before you start, then there is no bother to read, shut down, observe and move on.

Some museum exhibits had been moved, so maybe an update some time?

We didn't use any of the suggested walks from start to finish but this guide coped with us dipping in and out of them.

We used 4 guide books, and this was definitely the best.