on 6 April 2013
All the books have a different angle on a love story which keep you hooked to see how it turns out. Not many surprises but all an easy read and a great relaxing time can be had as you enjoy each one. Recommend these for a lovely holiday read or an evening at home with a log fire, box of chocolates and a glass of wine.
17 people found this helpful
on 3 June 2013
I have decided to review each book seperately so you know what you're getting.

Cop of the year.
Cassie Smith is a teacher dealing with at-risk children, herself having been an at-risk child. She has a special relationship with one of her students, 17yr old Johnny Battaglia, who she is trying to keep out of local gang, The Blisters. Mitch Lansing, a scarred vietnam veteran turned cop, is assigned to enter the school on a 10 week placement to educate the children about life pressures and how to deal with them (ie gangs, drugs). Working reluctantly together Cassie and Mitch attempt to keep Johnny away from the Blisters whilst falling in love with all the usual speed bumps along the way. I thought this story was very emotional with regards the vietnam angle and stories within, it was a different take on a romantic tale.

Lost and found groom.
Kendra is a reporter looking for a good samaritan named Taumaturgio (miracle worker), a legend who helps kids on the island of Santa Estella off the south American coast. She really wants the scoop on him so sets off to find him, however once on the island, finds herself caught in a hurricane and takes shelter in a run down building where a local man (Paulo Ayudor)is also trapped. Neither speaks the others language but lo and behold things get steamy and before you know it he's gone and she's pregnant. Fast forward 3 years and up he pops on her remote Wyoming ranch and guess what... he wants her and his kid back....oh and his real name is Daniel Delligatti, an american, a government agent type who couldn't reveal his real identity til now. Skip to him trying to gain her trust whilst playing with a child he has no idea of how to care for... I have two words to describe this book. UTTER TWADDLE.

Somebody's dad.
Brett Stockton, successful, sexy, president and founder of Stockton Financial Services is not happy with having to have his photo took for the annual report, he's not photogenic and uncomfortable as hell, so he hires professional photographer, Sharon Bartell, to try and get a decent pic. She puts him at ease with some sexy looks and a little flirting. He wants her, she wants him, so he asks her out. Then he discovers she is a widowed, single mother and backs right off... He hates kids. But he really wants in Sharon's pants so just ignores her little boy as much as he can... This book was actually very good if you look past the fact that Brett is a jerk. It evoked memories of my children during their terrible two's and made me chuckle when Brett had to cope with various tantrums on the way to a slightly predictable ending.Not the worst way to spend an afternoon.

Falling for you.
Aurora St Claire (Rory) spots Oliver Chancellor (Chance) stamping a for sale sign into the ground of the haunted mansion on Pearl island, the same mansion that is said to be haunted by her ancestor and Rory wants that house. Deciding the mansion would make a great B+B she and her brother and sister decide to buy the house. Off she trots to the local bank where Chance is the VP of operations. Chance has had a crush on Rory since childhood but believes himself too geeky to get the girl so has never done anything about it, now its too late. His family are all set to marry him off to his childhood friend in a merger of 2 prominent families. However his fiancee doesn't evoke the same feelings that Rory does and when Rory throws herself at him he can't resist. Now he's torn between being the responsible, married, banker man that his family wants him to be or being the part inn owner, happy, carefree person that Rory could make him.... This book is by far the best out of the set in my opinion. Very emotional at times mixed with humour. I connected well with the very likeable characters and thought it was a story well written. On the downside to this, there seemed to be some minor errors in spelling and grammar that I didnt notice in the other books but this stories content made up for that.
All in all I would definately reccommend this book to others, everyone's opinion differs and this is mine so I say give it a chance, it's well worth the money. Emma.
on 23 July 2014
Four superbly told stories that sent me on a rollercoaster of emotion. Laughed cried bit my nails. Once you get your teeth into these you will be searching for the sequels. Great for those of us who believe in romance but are realistic enough to know that you may have to kiss a few frogs along the way, jump through some death defying hoops,taking leaps of faith . Get the tissues it will be worth it. Now shoo I'm off to read the sequels. Don't plan on doing any housework today
on 17 April 2013
This is a standard collection of light romance novels, reasonably well written, entertaining, and with a predictably happy ending each time. They are quick reads, ideal for a holiday or long train journey when we don't want to stretch the brain or employ serious thought or concentration. They are different to each other in setting and style, and well worth the small price for a bundle of lightweight reads. A guilty pleasure, like a box of chocolates....
on 19 August 2013
I enjoyed all of the books in this bundle and whiled away a few hours very happily on my Kindle. All of the heroes and heroines were likeable characters and the plot lines not too predictable (mostly). Excellent for loose ends moments.
4 people found this helpful
on 26 March 2013
I have given this four stars because it is value for money and the stories are good. Even though you know where they are going you do tend to want to keep reading because they draw you in right to the end. Example, one night I could not sleep so picked up my Kindle and started to read Heart Stealers the next thing I knew it was two hours later and I had been sucked into the stories to the end. For me it was worth buying.
on 18 March 2014
I bought this for the price and I'm so glad I did. All four stories were well written with believable characters that I could relate to in situations that were oftentimes true to life. a battle scarred war veteran, a school teacher, busy harried single parents. The odd typos are present but in my view don't diminish the stories. All in all beautiful heart warming romances, well worth the money.
on 22 January 2014
A really great set of books. Each story different and as good as each other. I enjoyed them all but the Cop of the Year book I thought was best of all. Each book had me looking forward to the next chapter and I had a lot of trouble putting them down. I highly recommend this set. Also what a fantastic price.
on 18 November 2014
Would not recommend for anybody who just wants a easy sit back and read. I found it a bit involved with characters and did mot hold my attention enough to want to hurry up and finish. Never the less I finished it but was glad to get on to the next book I ordered
on 19 March 2013
Paid 49p for these four stories and thought it was great value. Four very different stories but I found that I liked each of the different characters. Even liked the rich guy who hated kids - after understanding his background it was hard not to have a lot of sympathy for him !.