on 24 January 2016
I bought a size 10 to go in to a new pair of size 10 shoes, but these shoe trees didn't fit - They were too big. With a bit of swapping around I still managed to use them in another pair of shoes which were Chelsea Boots so I will be keeping them, but I don't think I buy another pair either. For the money, I don't think they are particularly special and for another £3 (so £25 in total) I could have bought a pair of Barkers shoe trees which are very good indeed.
on 19 March 2013
These are good shoe trees and much better value than the £70-£80 offerings from high end shoe makers. You do need to watch the sizing though. I take 9 1/2 (43-44) in a wide fitting so bought a size 9 (43) shoe tree which should fit. They would not fit into the majority of my shoes though (Churches, Crockett & Jones etc ) despite being stamped size 9. They would probably fit a soft Italian design but were just too tight for traditional English designs. So - if in doubt go for a smaller size: the two halves are sprung anyway so they will fully fit the shoes. 4 stars for the product but not the full 5 because of the German (?) oversizing.
on 19 March 2013
I have ordered a size 8 for my size 8 shoes but it takes a huge effort to insert the tree in the shoe.
The product seems of good quality but I think their sizes are just wrong. Maybe that's the reason of the discount but it is very stupid as it could be easily avoided. They could simply mention in the description to order one size (or half a size) less than the size of the shoes.
I would go for a 7.5 or 7 if I was to order again. In fact I fear that these ones I have here may even ruin my shoes due to excessive pressure.
on 28 October 2015
Nicely made and seem to be of a quality that will last.
They are definitely oversized!!
I bought size 9 (43) for my size 9 1/2 shoes and they're still too big.
I recommend you order these in at least one whole size smaller than your shoes.
on 17 November 2015
Good quality at a reasonable price
on 1 March 2013
The produxt was despatched quickly and well packaged. Unfortunately one of the trees had a very large split in it all the way around one side and over the top of the 'toe'. I have returned the product and re-ordered. I am dissappointed at the lack of inspection and the fact that this means I have to repack, return and re-order. It looks like a quality product but the quality control needs improving.
on 20 April 2013
I bought a pair exactly like this on the high street, and wanted another. When I saw these at this price, I simply had to have it!

I've had different types of shoe trees over the years, and I really like these. The sprung elements are firm and resist pressure nicely, and help keep the shape of whichever shoes you put them into. Granted, not all shoe trees will have the same shape as the shoes you put them into, but given the alternative - no shoe tree, and therefore no way for the volume of the shoe to be maintained in storage - I'm happy to slide these into almost every pair of shoes I have.

The Cedar smell when you open the box is wonderful. These shoe trees come wrapped in a felt cloth, and the finish on the wood is nice and smooth.

A sterling feature of these trees is the brass handle that makes carrying the shoes a breeze. I really like that, and the handle also makes taking the tree out of the shoe fairly straightforward as well.

Getting the trees into the shoe is a breeze, because the tree is articulated in the centre - you could probably put these fairly easily into a boot as well, if so inclined.

This is a great product at a great price (when I bought them), you won't be disappointed.
on 16 April 2013
I ignored other reviews mentioning the size issue, but had to return the size I originally bought because they were too big for my shoes.

I originally bought the size 10 trees, but they were too big for my size 10 shoes by about an inch, I bought the size 9 and they fit tightly in my shoes, although the springy middle section is all the way in, meaning the two pieces of wood are pressing against each other, I'm no expert but it seems like there should be a bit of 'spring' left if the size was right?

The quality is very good, strong joints and a nice quality wood. I would recommend these, providing you get at least one size lower than your shoes.
on 22 January 2013
I purchased these shoe trees after investing in some decent shoes (for a change). The quality of these trees is immediately noticeable, the cedar is nicely dried and the shoe itself is very well crafted. The slip-lock mechanism that allows you to fit the tree into the shoe is very sturdy, and feels very solid.

Great quality product, will be buying again from Seeadler.
on 17 January 2013
When you buy quality shoes you need quality care, this product is what you want. Great quality wood, ideal for a good complete shoe tree, fantastic price for a premium product.