Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Sharkoon Skiller Keyboard
Colour: Skiller|Change

on 27 August 2013
I've recently received my Sharkoon Skiller and must say I'm very impressed with it so far.

It's quite a bulky job, so ensure you have plenty of desk space to acommodate it, but its size is down to the wrist-support at the bottom of it, the flanges at the side housing 10 of the multimedia/browser buttons & the extended top housing the other 10 (ranging from My Computer, email, calculator etc., to the very handy Sleep, Wake & Power Off buttons. The overall design concept has clearly been dreamt up by a Klingon, with its angular edges & scary logos, but this is no bad thing. Depending on how you feel about Klingons of course.

The Power Off key shuts down your pc in one fell swoop, but bear in mind that the keyboard has a sinister 'Klingon-in-Ibiza Tattoo'-style blue, led-lit, Sharkoon logo at the bottom, which remains lit on powering down the pc, as the keyboard is USB and your USB ports remain 'hot', ie powered up all the time unless you unplug the whole pc. This logo is bright enough to semi-light a room, so could be annoying if your pc's in a bedroom.

The supplied blue rubberised gaming replacement WASD & arrow keys are easy to swap for the standard ones, using the key removal tool supplied and are very useful for FPS/strategy games, but I find that they're a bit odd when simply typing, being larger and the letters non-central on the keys.

The keys are not backlit, but what would you expect at this price point?

The underside front of the keyboard has rubber pads, which effectively stop it sliding about on your desk when you're running away from aliens, dodging shells from a Tiger tank or frenziedly constructing formulas in Excel: so much better than the cheap plastic ones normally associated with low-price keyboards.

The key action is as positive as any rubber-dome/membrane keyboard & you'd have to pay a great deal more for a mechanical keyboard, all the key functions, including the 20 multimedia keys are automatically recognised & set up by Windows (I have Win 7), so it's plug & play out of the box. However, the supplied mini-DVD installs a very slick-looking keyboard reconfiguring utility, which allows the remapping of every key, saved as profiles associated with an app, over 3 layers,(max 20 profiles) which are automatically called up when you open the associated app, be it a game, Photoshop, Word, Excel, AutoCad & so on. You don't have to use it, but more advanced computer geeks will find it very handy. It looks the business, too! Very professionally designed & written.

Overall, the appearance of this product, for a £13.99 keyboard, vastly belies its price, but I've knocked off one star for the fact that the main body (not the keys) is made of shiny plastic (a real dust & fingerprint magnet) the unswitchoffable bright led logo & the truncated left shift & backspace keys. I always use the left shift key, being right-handed & a rubbish typist, & like a big backspace as I make so many typos. but aesthetically, this keyboard will lift any desk top with its impressive slick & quirky design, & you can always invest in a rag to wipe away the fingerprints now & again & a handy wodge of Blu Tac to cover up the logo if it bothers you, can't you?

Recommended. It's design is a mix of the eminently useful and the surreal. I love it.
22 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2017
Just to put into context, I bought this product January 2014. To this day I still use it on my second PC (family pc) and to this day it still works perfectly. I highly recommend this keyboard to someone just getting into computers, it is a nifty little keyboard and last me through all those years playing games like CS, Arma, LOL, and the list goes on. The keyboard is very responsive and extremely sturdy haven worked this long without so much as a fault.
Now obviously this is just a low end keyboard, I don't recommend this type of keyboard for a high end custom build, but for something like a first ever pc at a younger age, with a low budget, I couldn't recommend this more.

Pros;
- Extremely sturdy and long lasting
- Cheap and great for its price
- Responsive keys and great of gaming
- Comfortable fit and positioning
- All round good first keyboard for someone with low budget.
- Nice blue led's
- Blue gripped keys for w,a,s,d for people just getting into pc gaming
- Backup keys (never had to use any)
- Nice sleek look to it
Cons;
- Little on the large side
- Weird shape but still comfortable (personal preference I guess)
- Plastic feels a bit cheep but still seems extremely sturdy

To summarize, if you are looking for a first time pc build keyboard, or a keyboard for a son or younger person, I couldn't recommend this more as it last well over its cheap prize tag, does the job well, and looks nice. If you are looking something much more high spec with a price tag to follow I'd recommend something different, even though this is a great keyboard for the low price tag there are much better keyboard out there if you have the money to spend.
on 28 January 2015
Positives:
- Great gaming keyboard and very cheap.
- Looks very nice and has the 'gaming look' it's certainly not a business keyboard
- Has a very nice textured feel to the keys.
- Has anti sliding grips on the feet of the keyboard, prevents the keyboard from sliding around while typing or during vigorous gaming sessions
- Good responsiveness.
- Plenty of multimedia keys and macro keys as well as 3 profiles to save multiple settings.
- Nice illuminated keys and back lighting with brightness adjustment from 0% to 100% in 10% increments as well as a breathing mode.
- It also has a gaming mode that I don't really know what it does but I use it when I game just in case.

Negatives:
- Keys do feel a bit wobbly
- I can hear and feel the spring in the space bar which is quite annoying while typing
- The back lighting tends to affect my eyes slightly when not looking directly at the keyboard and moving my eyes (Not sure if this is just me or affects everyone)
- The multimedia keys are slightly difficult to press down, the seem to have a lot of resistance and don't go down far enough for fast pushing i.e. Increasing the volume

Overall, it's a very nice keyboard and for the price it's definitely worth it. Of course this is an early review there is still time yet to see how it will stand the test of time and I will update this review when that time comes.
on 24 April 2017
No problems, worked well
on 28 April 2017
Great key board for gamers, good quality.
on 16 April 2017
I received this keyboard just today and the rubber keys are just the best. They have a great grip allowing me to enchance my gaming experience
on 8 March 2017
Broke after a few weeks
on 23 June 2015
It gets dirty at times, and I am disappointed at the fact they managed to put an LED around their logo, but not around the keys.
on 16 September 2013
I have been using the keyboard in the shape of a razor "not naming names" and paying 50 to 60 quid for them to die in 7 to 8 months, so i thought i'd try this one and it's excellent, for under £15 it's worth buying
on 4 October 2017
This lasted me ages until I upgraded to a Razor Chroma. Value for money, this is a very good keyboard, would definitely recommend to others.