Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 2 May 2013
This album showcases why they are still one of the best indie bands around. Energetic and upbeat throughout, the songs are sure to stick in your head. The guitars and drums used sound amazing and are effectively used to elevate the songs to their climax. It seems like a mix of their 1st and 2nd albums but still manages to sound unique. My favourite songs are "light me up", "state to drive" which both have catchy backing sounds and "i don't mind" which is classic pigeon detectives with a repetitive thumping chorus that makes you want to shout it out loud! reminding me of my favourite pigeons song - " everybody wants me". The album is clearly made for playing live and I can only imagine how amazing it will sound if I ever get a chance to see them live. I literally could not have asked for a better album from them. Great for pigeon detectives fans and a perfect album to start with for anyone who has only just heard of them and wants to try something new. Buy this album you won't regret it. The pigeon detectives are most definitely here to stay.
on 13 July 2013
I bought this in advance of seeing the Pigeon Detectives live. It's been on in my car constantly ever since (although that's partly because I can't be bothered changing what's in the auto-changer cassette!).
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 July 2015
I've been a fan of these five fellas from Leeds since the beginning, and have always enjoy their albums. I do think though that their fourth, and most recent studio record might possibly be best work to date. Whilst nothing on 2013's 'We Met At Sea' sounds virtually any different to The Pigeon Detectives' other releases, they have kept their same style, and in doing so, have done again what they do so well, and given us all a strong collection of catchy, feel-good songs. The lyrics are a tad patchy in places, but who really cares when the music sounds so good?

My hands-down favourite track here is the infectious 'Light Be Up' (I love the way impressive lead singer Matt Bowman, with his promenade Yorkshire accent says ''cigarette''), and if this one doesn't make you want to reach for you're pack of smokes, nothing will. Other particularly great tunes here include the poignant 'Don't Mind', and the perfect indie-opener 'Animal', which is very Arctic Monkeys like, and was the only single issued after it bombed. These guys are even better live, so if you can, go and see them. The album sounds somewhat like a soundtrack to TV's 'The Inbetweeners', but that's a good thing.

It's a shame that The Pigeon Detectives, like so many of their contemporises, aren't as popular as they once were (and these men were once very big), and as a result their music now goes mostly unheard. 'We Met At Sea' failed to light any real bomb fires chart wise upon it's release, and spawned no hit singles. Still, us loyal fans know it's out there and appreciate it, but if you've somehow managed to stumble across this page and aren't sure whether to buy it, as I have all studio four albums and this is my absolute favourite, I can only highly recommend you do so.
on 3 May 2013
I've been playing this album over and over since I bought it earlier this week, and it's absolutely brilliant! Like the previous reviewer, my favourite tracks are 'Light Me Up' (SO catchy) and 'No State To Drive'. My daughter, aged 16, is going to see the Pigeon Detectives live in Portsmouth and I'm very jealous of her as I think they'll be amazing. We have all their CDs and this is probably the best (although I still love 'Take her Back' and 'I found Out' from 'Wait For Me'). The Pigeon Detectives must be one of THE MOST UNDERRATED bands EVER!
on 29 May 2013
I went to see them live in Birmingham they were amazing and can only recommend going to see them live. After seeing them I bought this album, the stand out tracks for me are Won't come back and Hold Your Gaze. I can't wait to see them again on the 2nd of November at Leeds Uni. I can only recommend you buy this album.
on 23 June 2013
They are fab live and this new album is just great, nearly as good as seeing them live, never disappointed
on 24 May 2015
Fast delivery, item as described