on 13 June 2013
Purchased along with three other volumes, I hesitated for a long time before sending for these remix albums. And my heart was pounding with dread as I slotted the first disc into my player. The first few seconds were filled with natural and instinctive resentment towards anything or anyone tampering with Elvis Presley's music, but then, my hand reached for the volume control and I found myself raising the volume rather than lowering it or even switching it off altogether. Then, I raised the volume again, and again, and then again!

Wait a minute now. This could not have been possible. Not from a diehard Elvis fan like me. No way!

But yes, I discovered that not only do I like these remixes, I love 'em!! Why? Because they sound like Elvis recorded them today. And because so much respect has gone towards these Elvis tracks. The remix artists who waved their magic wand over the old tracks that had been giving joy to the world for decades are obviously big Presley fans and knew what they were doing. We may not prefer these over the original gems but boy do they sound good too. And here's the trick - they still sound E L V I S.

There is so much new energy on these new remixes from mainly added drum and bass sounds that accentuate the power that emanated from the original tracks. And each track is mixed individually to suit the song itself. Whereas you would not hear the original recordings in today's night clubs or dance gigs but they are playing these remixes. And that's what it's all about - they are still listening to Elvis Presley!

There are three more volumes, each with a different name and a different album colour. And with the exception of one or two odd tracks, all the songs on the four volumes are great. I recommend you give them a listen with an open mind and judge for yourself.

The remixed tracks you'll find on this particular album are:

GONNA GET BACK HOME SOMEHOW
I LOVE YOU BEACAUSE
I SILIPPED I STUMBLED I FELL
(SUCH AN) EASY QUESTION
on 22 January 2015
I cant say its absolutely fantastic but its very close,one or two tracks are a little drowned out by the over dubs and you can hardly hear Elvis voice,but for Return To Sender and I Slipped I Stumbled I Fell,this collection is worthy for any fan or non fan.Its a refreshing re invention on some of Elvis tracks,Its just modernised,no one here is trying to kill the tracks the way they were originally meant to be heard,just more uptempo and it works,on most...
on 3 April 2013
10/10 Love this new rendering of ELVIS hits this whole series is great for the new ELVIS fans...it takes ELVIS into the future.
on 28 November 2013
This is a brilliant cd remixed,good uptempo song ,the only dowside to this cd is its not long enough,less than 30mins long.but a great buy.
on 25 April 2013
yes very good album hope they keep up the remixes because the world needs great music like this is what we really need
on 13 June 2013
This is an album with some great remixes of the Kings hits, not that you can improve Elvis' tracks but well worth a listen!
on 24 April 2013
it is the second cd from spankox and they are fantastic and i have just orderd a third and i shall probably get the lot thats going yours sincearly mr guest
on 9 January 2017
very good,thanks
on 6 September 2013
Bought this for a present and I have to say my friend was made up with it. Worth the money.
on 28 September 2014
My favourite of the spankox albums. Don't' know what's'' delux about it though. ItI's' way too short like the other spankox releases.