Customer reviews

on 22 July 2013
Ok, so I'm actually going to break my own rules by reviewing this book when I haven't read it all. I only downloaded a sample to my kindle through curiosity because I'm addicted to Austen fan-fiction. So, be aware that my review is based on the first 10% of the book alone.

The characterisation is poor. It takes very little time for Lizzy and Darcy to overcome their differences and, while the prospect of the cottage isn't badly thought out, it all becomes most inappropriate very quickly.

Neither Lizzy or Darcy would behave in the way they do, both in actions and in dialogue. Lizzy is shameless and forward. Darcy is no better, and yes, as the previous reviewer states, Darcy thinks about anal sex even before they have been together fully (and way before the wedding ceremony - which presumably happens some time in the last 90% of the book).

This book uses well-loved characters and violates them. I'm not opposed to erotic fiction, but writing these characters to behave in this way is utterly preposterous.

I cannot bring myself to spend £3.49 to buy the kindle version and see what happens next. If this is how Lizzy and Darcy behave perhaps Wickham will elope with all 3 youngest Bennet sisters and share them amongst his friends. The possibilities are endless as none of the usual fan-fiction rules are in place.

If you choose to buy the paperback version for £10.13, I consider you to be an utter fool, or no fan of Miss Austen.
on 4 April 2013
The whole story is utterly ridiculous and badly written and when it hinted at anal sex I really had had enough, howevever I persevered and wish I hadn't bothered. Reading the excerpt following this story of Beth Massey's next book "Mr. Darcy Likes it Wild", it dawned on me as I read and I quote " The Master of Pemberley's body had been stirred by a boy's posterior" that I had not misunderstood that hint in 'Mr Darcy's cottage of Earthly Delights' and what bit of enjoyment there was in the book was now eroded as I CANNOT envisage this Mr. Darcy at all and I can't imagine Jane Austen would recognise him either!
on 30 August 2013
I gave this novel five stars as I really enjoyed it. Parts are a bit too detailed and although probably necessary to fulfil the needs of several of the characters it does not add much to the story line and development to the plot.