on 18 March 2014
An excellent insight into the personal lives of the Thatcher family, recording the rise and unfortunate fall in political fortune.
Good bedtime reading.
Good story,interesting told from a personal prospective.

A unique insight into a well known inspiring figure.

Learned a lot about the private person
on 14 December 2016
A great read. Fascinating details. Excellent.
on 19 March 2009
Why oh why does this lass get such a bad press ?. I was fascinated by Carols memories. I cannot understand why she is accused of being unkind to her Mother?. Not one bit of it. There is clearly a lot of love between Mother and Daughter and huge respect for Margaret and also reflects on the human and softer side of her. The memories of Denis are touching and full of humour. I reommend the book to anyone who is prepared to put ill conceived prejudice on one side and enjoy a touching and interesting book and it will make you smile too !
on 1 July 2009
I did enjoy this book and I do like Carol Thatcher - I thought she was brilliant on I'm a Celebrity. My only criticism is the book seems to be more about her mother, remarkable woman that she is, than about Carol. For instance she never goes into personal detail about how she feels regarding school, friends, lovers, work....all the things that obviously play hugh parts in all our lives. Just got a bit fed up with hearing about "my mother" instead "me".
on 11 December 2009
I bought this book to read during a hospital stay. Really enjoyed it as I can recall the days Carol refers to. It was good to have an 'insiders' view to those troubled times. Written with wit and compassion. Recommended.
on 21 February 2015
I really enjoyed this book. It was quick scan through Carol's connections with Margaret and Dennis Thatcher, apart from' I'm a celebrity get me out of here', there was only a glimpse of the life of Carol Thatcher. Carol does seem a very loyal daughter and sister, I am sure that there could be far more dirt dished particularly concerning Mark, and the various episodes in his life. Carol gives a very good insight into the life of Britain's first female prime minister. It is a fairly quick read, and certainly not too much detail to get you bogged down. It is obviously written with a biased view of Thatcher's policies and politics, but does emphasise the skulduggery of politics when they dispensed with the services of Margaret Thatcher. Good read.
on 2 April 2009
This is an exellant read.I have not been a great fan of Carol Thatcher but it is obvious that she is very close to her parents and has been a great help to them for many years.Can't always have been easy.
on 14 February 2011
I found this book hard to put down. Carol Thatcher comes across as a genuine woman with a great sense of perspective and a lively sense of humour.
on 6 May 2013
I think a previous reviewer commented that this book does not enable one to have any real insights into the life of Carol Thatcher. I would agree, but for historians it's an o.k. read.